X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Automatically moderate posts and threads from new users

Hi.

I followed this guide:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...from-new-users.

But I can't seem to figure out how to make this work. Basically, users do go in the new group I created but their posts are not moderated. I therefore set "Follow Forum Moderations Rules" to No to MY group and not to the "Registered Usergroup" one and posts were moderated but after 10 posts(the number I set), posts were still being moderated.

Can anyone help me with this please? I basically want the first 10 posts by any registered user to be moderated. After the 10th is approved, this should no longer be the case.

Did you set up the promotion? Is it running after the user has 10 posts and then moving the users to the new usergroup?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne.

Yes, the promotion is set, it basically says (from top to bottom)

>=
      Move to NEW GROUP

This works, I mean users with less than 10 posts are moved there and their posts are moderated (after I set Follow Forum Moderations Rules to no in NEW GROUP) but the problem is that they stay there even when the 10th post is approved :S

Comment

You don't use a promotion to move people with LESS than 10 posts to another group. You use it to move users with MORE than 10 posts to another usergroup.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I understand.

Allow me to see if I understood correctly, if I may.

New users are to go in the group REGISTERED USERS. After ten posts, they go in NEW GROUP, the one I created. If that's the case, where do I therefore specify that people with LESS than 10 posts should have their new threads or posts moderated in the REGISTERED USERS group? Is it the Follow Forum Moderations Rules option?

Thank you.

Comment

You would edit the Registered Usergroup to have them Follow Forum Moderation Rules

Comment

All understood.

Tested and it works, thanks a lot for your kind help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X