CMS Static Pages - Parsing HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS Static Pages - Parsing HTML

Recently some of our static pages random begun parsing the HTML (instead of leaving it normal and letting it act as HTML).

We haven't done any updates or anything.

Any ideas?

Linkage? I mean, it could be a browser issue. Seems to me 'parsing html' is what would normally happen, so you may be trying to say it's now not handling html correctly.

Comment

Normally it should take the HTML and treat it as HTML.

However, for some reason, it's suddenly parsing it into HTML entities (i.e., < turns into &lt;, etc).

I can't provide a link since it's a private forum. =S

Comment

So have you taken my suggestion and tried it in different browsers? Unless your public forums are doing this also it seems unlikely it's a server or vb issue.

Comment

Check your permissions also. If the author doesn't have Can User Html permissions (admincp > vbulletin cms > permissions) in that section they you'll get what you describe.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

It's a known issue with VBulletin that they don't seem to want to fix...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...light=entities

Comment

So, we've just had this problem come up again.

There are 80 articles affected this time, that were working. I looked in the database and it is stored properly (i.e., it stored < instead of &gt. However, it still renders wrong. No permissions have changed at all. All the editors have "Can use HTML".

Any ideas?

EDIT: I just noticed it seems to only affect Static Pages, not Articles.

Comment

Do you have iconv on your server?

Comment

I do.

Comment

Any help? It seems that all of our static pages have started doing this.

This is a SERIOUS bug... why is it being ignored?

Comment

The forums are for community based support, if you have an urgent support issue, please start a support ticket.

Comment

Ive had this issue come up since the upgrade to 4.1.4.
                        Permissions are all correct.
                        i'll put in a support ticket as well

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X