Uploading pictures in threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Uploading pictures in threads

Hi, I would like to know how to change the uploading for pictures for users of the forum, as the administrator when i try to upload pics I am given an option from a url or from a computer file. But everyone else is just given an option of a url file. How can I make it so that all users get the same upload box that the administrator gets thanks

Any ideas on this?

Comment

What do you have set in the Attachment permissions in their usergroup?
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Hi I have tried setting

("Enabling this option will turn on the Advanced Insert Image Dialog, which will allow users to insert images from the computer, or retrieve images referenced from a URL and store them locally. Disabling this option will display the legacy from URL attachment dialog.")

to yes and no, and neither makes a difference?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by mtj View Post
          Hi, I would like to know how to change the uploading for pictures for users of the forum, as the administrator when i try to upload pics I am given an option from a url or from a computer file. But everyone else is just given an option of a url file. How can I make it so that all users get the same upload box that the administrator gets thanks
          The "option from a url or from a computer file" is only available for the WYSIWYG editor. I suspect as an admin you have that setting and for regular members you have the Standard editor setting.

Comment

So is there no way to change this?? It makes posting photos less user friendly in my mind, any ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by mtj View Post
              So is there no way to change this?? It makes posting photos less user friendly in my mind, any ideas???
              When 4.1.4 will be released it will have the new editor and this bug has been fixed.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-6396

Comment

Working...
              X