No announcement yet.

My entire forum is giving "Error 330", even though the server is runing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] My entire forum is giving "Error 330", even though the server is runing

My forum is returning "Webpage not available, Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error." for all pages.

My server is running, and everything was working until I tried to log in today. The only page I can access is the admincp login page, but if I login, I get the same error.

Is it possible that I've been hacked? How can I tell? The server isn't showing any site files have been modified in the past few months. the site url is:
    forum (dot) menshealthpd (dot) com

"The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression"

I would guess you are compressing your output twice - one at the server level and again in vBulletin. Try adding this to the config.php file:
    PHP Code:
    DEFINE('NOZIP'1); 
    Now see if you can login. If you can, then go to AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options and turn off gzip.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Session table full

I made the change to the config.php file and was able to access the admincp. When I turned off gzip, I got a database error that the table "sessions" was full.

I deleted the content of the sessions table, and my site was back up and running. THANK YOU!

I looked in the scheduled tasks, and there doesn't seem to be a task set to periodically dump this table. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Does the table need to be dumped occasionally to prevent this from happening in the future? Or did a hacker take my site down by filling up the session table? And information you can provide that would help me prevent this in the future would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Comment

It is done with one of the hourly cleanup tasks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The tasks that removes stuff from the session table are called Hourly Cleanup and Daily Cleanup.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X