Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Inline post editing hangs on save

hey guys....

I've had lots of reports from my forum members that when editing an post inline and then pressing save, the page hangs with the activity graphic spinning next to the save button.

I've tested this and yes, it does, it will sit there indefinitely after hitting save. The only way to edit a post is to go advanced.

What's wrong with the inline edit ?

I've tested in IE8 and FF4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	editPostIssue.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	3720352

edit : it works here !!
    Last edited by alanshort; Wed 13th Apr '11, 8:13am.

looks like other people are seeing this too .....

http://www.vtctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43795

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...=211036&page=1

Comment

What version of vB4 are you running? Do you have any third party products?

Comment

Create a new style with no parent:
        • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
        • Parent Style: No Parent Style
        • Title: Default vBulletin
        • Allow User Selection: Yes
        • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

running on 4.1.3

Active Plugins :

Send message to Admin if fail to login to admincp : 2.0.0
          Skimlinks Plugin : 2.0.7
          vBH - Add new tabs 1.1 : 1.1
          vbStopForumSpam : 0.61

Created a new style as described, however not sure if i have applied it correctly as the forum looks the same.

Default vBulletin is selected at the top of the Style Manager list as 1, the previous style is unchecked and has a value of 2.

the issue still remains....

I've also just been told that Go Advanced doesn't work either.

I just tested in IE8 and get this error :

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; NET_mmhpset)
          Timestamp: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:09:17 UTC

Line: 11
          Char: 6585
          Code: 0
          URI: http://www.racekites.com/forum/clien..._edit.js?v=413

This stuff used to work on my site, however since upgrading it appears to have broken. I'm not aware that I've installed any new plugins or changes to the style since it was working....
          Last edited by alanshort; Wed 13th Apr '11, 9:39am.

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

okay, so here's what I've done and the issue is still there in IE and Chrome, however fixed in FF4.

1. I ran the Suspect File Versions and it came back with a bunch of stuff relating to plugins, however nothing relating to 'File does not contain expected contents'

2. I disabled all plugins and then manually unchecked in Plugin Manager.

Problem was still there....

3. uninstalled the plugins

Problem was still there

4. thinking it may be a corrupt file that was uploaded, I ftp'd vb4.1.3 zip file to the web server an unzipped

5. i moved the forum dir and renamed the upload directory to forum

6. i deleted the install.php

7. i copied the config from the original install to the new install

8. ran Suspect File Versions, and its perfect, no messages at all

9. cleared out the cache several times from IE and chrome

10. tested with IE - gives a new error :

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; NET_mmhpset)
              Timestamp: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:05:30 UTC

Line: 11
              Char: 7762
              Code: 0
              URI: http://www.racekites.com/forum/clien..._edit.js?v=413

So, this is a brand new install of all the files and still doesn't work in IE or Chrome. However, it has started working in FF4....

H E L P !!!

Comment

And you used the default vbulletin style as well?

Comment

yep

Comment

Open a support ticket then, include admincp, ftp information to start with.

Comment

will do, thank you for the help !!

Comment

Any update on this? I've had this problem for a while. Just recently updated ALL files to 4.1.3 but this issue has been there since at least 4.1.0 for me. Could be my style as I didn't try anything else.

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X