Missing Settings Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Missing Settings Link

Hey all, updated from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 a few days ago. Seemed to have lost the Settings link on the top right of the forum near the user name. Tried looking into it and could find nothing about it. Anybody else have this issue/have a solution?

Thanks.

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight0319 View Post
      Hey all, updated from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 a few days ago. Seemed to have lost the Settings link on the top right of the forum near the user name. Tried looking into it and could find nothing about it. Anybody else have this issue/have a solution?

Thanks.
      It's best to update or revert. I reverted and it did not change.
      What I ended up doing was editing the header template.

Changed the
      Code:
      {vb:rawphrase control_panel}
      to
      Code:
      {vb:rawphrase user_control_panel}
      Mr_Running
      You Could Live a Long Time: Are you Ready to Run?

For the improvement of social groups, please add tags, attachments, infractions, reputation, moderation tools, notifications, thread read marking, group discussions in What's new, category permissions and subcategories.
      More improvements: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8784

Comment

Both of your methods worked. I honestly can't really think of a reason it'd disappear over the forum update, my style is just a few image changes/color changes, not a custom skin off vbulletin.org. Only thing I can think of at the moment is maybe one of the mods I'm using was messing with it. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight0319 View Post
          Both of your methods worked. I honestly can't really think of a reason it'd disappear over the forum update, my style is just a few image changes/color changes, not a custom skin off vbulletin.org. Only thing I can think of at the moment is maybe one of the mods I'm using was messing with it. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
          If you find out your cause, please let us know!

I am having the same issue with the missing settings link *boggle*

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X