Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import vB3 style into vB4 to have it converted... how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Make sure you've got a fresh copy of the vbulletin-style.xml file in the ZIP file you downloaded. Then, go to AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Download / Upload Styles and import that file from your PC choosing 'No Parent Style'. This will import the Master Style back into the database.

To then create a new default style based off this, click on the 'Add New Style' link in AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    Crap, what do I need to do to restore the default vb style back to the site please?

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    My entire site is screwed up now. What the hell! All of my styles are jacked up, I'm wondering if I somehow corrupted the xml file

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You hit ignore version right?

Leave a comment:

• bszopi
    replied
    Not sure if this will help you or not, but there was a blog post about it from back in February: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...onversion-Tool

Leave a comment:

• Import vB3 style into vB4 to have it converted... how?

We upgraded to 4.1.2 last week from 3.8.7. Since there was zero indication that there was going to be a style converter coming out, we deleted our old styles, but left a backup copy of the old forums in a directory on the server. I was able to pull down the old vbulletin-style.xml but now cannot import it into the current 4.1.3 iteration because I get
    The text for the template contains potentially unsafe code. Text in curly style php string substitution expressions (like {$vbulletin->somevalue}) is only allowed to contain the characters in a-z, A-Z, 0-9, square brackets ( [] ), and quotes ( "' ). This prevents possible arbitrary code execution when the phrase is processed.
    Is there a way to rescue my old style?