No announcement yet.

Advertising Conditions not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Advertising Conditions not working?

I am having trouble with setting up my site advertising.

I created two 728 x 90 banners for along the bottom, just above the footer. Ad #1 is set to show there ONLY if the user is browsing a particular forum.

Ad #2 is set to show all the time EXCEPT if the conditions for Ad #1 are met, so to me, that would mean when you are in the forum Ad #1 is set to show in, Ad #2 should be hidden, right?

Except BOTH ads show in that forum.

Am I missing something?

ETA ~ Using VB 4.1.2 with CMS

Can you take a screen shot of both advertisment settings?

Comment

Sure! Here's the shots:

These are my "Melissa & Doug" ad settings, set to show in a the Shopping & Products forum, plus all child forums

Click image for larger version

Name:	melissa-and-doug-ad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	3681835

These are my Google ads settings, set to NOT show if the Mellisa & Doug ad's conditions are not met.

Name:	google-ads.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	3681834

And here is how my Shopping & Products forum looks with the above settings in place (both ads shown).

Name:	shopping-and-products.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	3681833

Comment

Are you sure you have the right ad seletcted from the drop down? What happens if you remove the requirements to show on the specific style for both ads?

Comment

These are my only two ads, so I'm sure I've selected the right one. Removing the style selection didn't make a difference because I had it not set to a specific style at first and then realized my mobile style was messed up by it. I just did it again to be sure (removed the style option on both ads) and it didn't change the outcome.

I also just reverted to the default style that comes with VB and had the same results, so it doesn't appear to be a style issue, either.

Comment

Double check your ad templates, make sure they're not customized, if they are try reverting them.

Comment

I didn't customize them at all, but can you tell me what to check to be sure? (I'm not very good with the vb 4 templating system yet).

Comment

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on << >> Find the Ad Location Template group and expand it, are any of these templates (red/orange or showing as customized).

Comment

Thank you. None are modified (all show in white).

Comment

Can you start a support ticket then so I can take a look first hand?

Comment

Thanks. I had done a petition to open an old one that was the same thing, I think. Is that ok, or should I start a new one?

ETA ~ This one: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8565

Comment

http://members.vbulletin.com support ticket, not bug report

Comment

Oops, never done this before... off I go! Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X