Help with posting (copy and paste) permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Help with posting (copy and paste) permissions

When I'm logged in as the main admin on my site I'm able to copy and paste certain items into posts that I'm not able to do when logged in under a secondary admin id, even with full permissions enabled. Example:

If I copy and paste the following from http://www.aiwf.org/dallasftworth/ch...&date=2011-4-4

Here's what I get..

Copy and Paste as main admin:

Membership Drive/Hapy Hour at Komali
    Monday, April 4, 2011 - AIWF Dallas/Ft. Worth (TX)
    Time:06:00 pm to 08:00 pm
    Member Price:$20.00
    Guest Price:$20.00
    Chair:AIWF D/FW Chapter
    Venue:Komali Contemporary Mexican Cuisine
    Address:4152 Cole Avenue #108, Dallas, TX 75204
    Phone:AIWF Hotline (214) 696-2493
    Email:[email protected]

Click here for full details.

Copy and Paste as secondary admin (or any other user) and I get this.
    Membership Drive/Hapy Hour at Komali
    Monday, April 4, 2011 - AIWF Dallas/Ft. Worth (TX)
    Time: 06:00 pm to 08:00 pm
    Member Price: $20.00
    Guest Price: $20.00
    Chair: AIWF D/FW Chapter
    Venue: Komali Contemporary Mexican Cuisine
    Address: 4152 Cole Avenue #108, Dallas, TX 75204
    Phone: AIWF Hotline (214) 696-2493
    Email: [email protected]

Click here for full details.
    I notice on this forum I'm able to copy and paste with the link intact, etc. Please what am I missing? tia.

Are the users in exactly the same usergroup and have exactly the same Secondary groups (if any)?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Yes. That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

These two files came back as File does not contain expected contents..

DD_belatedPNG_0.0.8a.js
          blank.html

How do I fix?

Comment

Those are not a problem. Please follow the rest of the instructions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Followed all steps and reverted to the default vb style which was never modified. Still no luck.

Comment

What's the URL to your forums?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

www.thetalkofdallas.com and www.bimmerplanet.com

thetalkofdallas is the one I've been working on

Comment

Can you update that to 4.1.2 and see if you still have this problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sure, I've never done an update before. Will need to find the instructions.

Comment

Upgraded to 4.1.2 - still unable to copy and paste properly. None of my plugins are working, although they show installed and active. ?

It seems something simple is being missed here.

Comment

If you have followed the instructions in post #4, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve,

FYI..

Lynne,
                            You're so awesome. This was the problem. Is there a way to make the WYSIWYG editor default for usergroups or for everyone? Security concerns?
                            Regards,

Scott Wheeler
                            -----Original Message-----
                            From: vBulletin Support Team [mailto:[email protected]]
                            Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:43 PM
                            To:
                            Subject: Re: [SID-1065384-0c64c00d] Please help with user posting issues - vBulletin Issue

Scott,
                            Are you using the WYSIWYG editor for each of those users? Check under Settings (top right) > General Settings > Message Editor Interface for each of those users.

Lynne Sands
                            vBulletin Support Staff

Comment

To make that the default go to AdminCP > Settings > options > message posting interface options > use standard & WYSIWYG controls.

To reset it for current members go to AdminCP > maintenance > execute SQL query > show enhanced (WYSIWYG) editor toolbar > continue

I have never heard of any security concerns.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X