• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If removing the plugins has fixed this then you have a plugin that's changing the default moderation behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• vvdven
    replied
    I'm not sure how exactly but we did manage to fix this.

I removed as many plugins as I could. Then I tested it and it works now.

However I could not tell you exactly what caused the issue.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Then there's something else that's causing these to be moderated as it's simply a forum like any other. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• vvdven
    replied
    Moderate Posts and Moderate Threads are both set to 'no'.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    In your CMS Comments Forum, what are the 'Moderate Posts' and 'Moderate Threads' options set to?

Leave a comment:

• vvdven
    replied
    Trevor,

I have the options set as you mentioned and am not using the SPAM tools at the moment.

Still when a user comments on a article, the message simply disappears without any notification to the user that his or hers comment is being moderated. Is there any way to do that at least?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Make sure the usergroup has the following set to Yes - 'Follow Forum Moderation Rules'. If you're using any of the Spam Management tools in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Spam Management, there is no guarantee that they'll not be moderated I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• Allow New User to Comment on Articles without Moderation

Hi There,

How do I make sure that new users can comment on CMS articles without moderation?

What setting do I need to set?

Thank you!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X