Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eruss
    replied
    Now that I posted I got it working. I added added keywords to the widget and edited my post with those key words in it. Plus added those key words as tags. Was hoping the search would work a bit better but it should work for my needs.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Eruss
    replied
    I'm running into this same issue with the related posts widget. I set it to search back 90 days. Tried to search forums and posts. Set it to search all open forums. Wrote tags then made a new post in a forum which I also tagged with the same name.

Did anybody figure out what was going on with this one?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    Did you ever get this figured out?
    Nope. Support has not either. Developers are now looking at the issue. I did a fresh install on a new directory/database and I cannot replicate the issue. Thanks for your help bszopi.

Leave a comment:

• bszopi
    replied
    Did you ever get this figured out?

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    How many grids and layouts do you have created in the ACP? Grids define the way the page is laid out (sidebars, columns, etc), and layouts define what content is placed in the various sections of the grids. The layout where you are placing the widget is what to focus on here. If you have more than 1 layout, write down what layout you are placing the various widgets in. Then, goto a section in which you are expecting there to be a widget, but it isn't showing up. Edit that section by clicking on the pencil near the section name. Once you are in the section editing area, on the left hand side at the top is options for "Section Information". The 3rd option is "LAYOUT". Verify that what is listed there is the same as the layout you wrote down at the beginning. If not, use the dropdown to change it and see if the widget appears (you *may* have to clear the CMS cache in the ACP before it will show up). Report back if its still not working.
    Thanks I will be testing later this evening.

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    My apologies. It was not my intention to upset you. I was merely clarifying the ticket issue since you brought it up.
    I posted that I did in fact enter a ticket. I left my customer service annoyance out of my reply on purpose. It was feedback from a customer not something I intended for forum fodder. It's all good though. If someone can just look at the issue. It's only on a test board so it's not critical, but I need to know my setup is not somehow an issue before I upgrade my production board.

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    Canned response - yes. But that does not make it irrelevant. He was followed up the best he can and is now asking for the original info he requested in order to investigate this further. In fact he has followed up 3 times in under a day.

Also we have used that same response for years and honestly until now I have never heard it described as unfriendly. I will consider your complaint.

P.S. You have not provided the cPanel or phpMyAdmin URL in your ticket. It would help if you did so.
    I've posted it twice now. In your hidden field. My last post asked if he got the information. Are you not seeing it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by mmcguire View Post
    The "attitude" is based on conversations that you don't see. Also the fact that the "manager" felt the need to take that discussion into a forum. That shows very poor judgement. My company would terminate a manager for such an action.
    My apologies. It was not my intention to upset you. I was merely clarifying the ticket issue since you brought it up.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by mmcguire View Post
    He copy-n-pasted a canned response. The canned response asked for things that had nothing to do with my issue. Try asking for what you actually need and not a bunch of stuff that does not apply to my situation. Try treating me like a human being and stop replying with scripted replies. How about a little customer service? You are the Customer Support Manager right? Is using my name or any type of greeting in my ticket really asking too much?
    Canned response - yes. But that does not make it irrelevant. He was followed up the best he can and is now asking for the original info he requested in order to investigate this further. In fact he has followed up 3 times in under a day.

Also we have used that same response for years and honestly until now I have never heard it described as unfriendly. I will consider your complaint.

P.S. You have not provided the cPanel or phpMyAdmin URL in your ticket. It would help if you did so.

Leave a comment:

• bszopi
    replied
    How many grids and layouts do you have created in the ACP? Grids define the way the page is laid out (sidebars, columns, etc), and layouts define what content is placed in the various sections of the grids. The layout where you are placing the widget is what to focus on here. If you have more than 1 layout, write down what layout you are placing the various widgets in. Then, goto a section in which you are expecting there to be a widget, but it isn't showing up. Edit that section by clicking on the pencil near the section name. Once you are in the section editing area, on the left hand side at the top is options for "Section Information". The 3rd option is "LAYOUT". Verify that what is listed there is the same as the layout you wrote down at the beginning. If not, use the dropdown to change it and see if the widget appears (you *may* have to clear the CMS cache in the ACP before it will show up). Report back if its still not working.

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    Once one person gets assigned a ticket, that person follows through on the entire ticket. They don't throw a bunch of different people at it at different times of the day.

I gave my thoughts and ideas on what might be causing your issue, but you never said if it worked or not. So how are others supposed to help if you don't provide feedback? And besides, with the attitude you are feeding back right now, I am less inclined to help out, and I'm sure the support guys feel the same way (although its their job, so they have to).
    I apologize bszopi for my lack of a reply. I looked at your comment, went to test it out, could not find anything, got busy, and did not reply. My bad.

One rep for a ticket? What about when someone has a day off my ticket does not get reviewed. Not very effective, but thanks for the info.

The "attitude" is based on conversations that you don't see. Also the fact that the "manager" felt the need to take that discussion into a forum. That shows very poor judgement. My company would terminate a manager for such an action.

Leave a comment:

• bszopi
    replied
    Once one person gets assigned a ticket, that person follows through on the entire ticket. They don't throw a bunch of different people at it at different times of the day.

I gave my thoughts and ideas on what might be causing your issue, but you never said if it worked or not. So how are others supposed to help if you don't provide feedback? And besides, with the attitude you are feeding back right now, I am less inclined to help out, and I'm sure the support guys feel the same way (although its their job, so they have to).

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    Yes, I see your ticket now. Zach asked for info needed to check this out and instead of providing that info, you accused him of not reading what you wrote. We really do like to help but sometimes that does require cooperation on the other end.
    He copy-n-pasted a canned response. The canned response asked for things that had nothing to do with my issue. Try asking for what you actually need and not a bunch of stuff that does not apply to my situation. Try treating me like a human being and stop replying with scripted replies. How about a little customer service? You are the Customer Support Manager right? Is using my name or any type of greeting in my ticket really asking too much?

Your name is pretty bad out there from what I read. You might want to try and stop talking down to your customers and try supporting them. Zachery has all the information he has asked for. Also why is Zachery the only one that has touched the ticket 24 hours? Do you not have any other customer service people working?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, I see your ticket now. Zach asked for info needed to check this out and instead of providing that info, you accused him of not reading what you wrote. We really do like to help but sometimes that does require cooperation on the other end.

Leave a comment:

• mmcguire
    replied
    If you have no add-ons installed, fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
    Did that yesterday. I was just hoping someone here ran into the same issue.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X