Some widgets not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Canned response - yes. But that does not make it irrelevant. He was followed up the best he can and is now asking for the original info he requested in order to investigate this further. In fact he has followed up 3 times in under a day.

Also we have used that same response for years and honestly until now I have never heard it described as unfriendly. I will consider your complaint.

P.S. You have not provided the cPanel or phpMyAdmin URL in your ticket. It would help if you did so.
    I've posted it twice now. In your hidden field. My last post asked if he got the information. Are you not seeing it?
    | Rancho Murieta |

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      My apologies. It was not my intention to upset you. I was merely clarifying the ticket issue since you brought it up.
      I posted that I did in fact enter a ticket. I left my customer service annoyance out of my reply on purpose. It was feedback from a customer not something I intended for forum fodder. It's all good though. If someone can just look at the issue. It's only on a test board so it's not critical, but I need to know my setup is not somehow an issue before I upgrade my production board.
      | Rancho Murieta |

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
        How many grids and layouts do you have created in the ACP? Grids define the way the page is laid out (sidebars, columns, etc), and layouts define what content is placed in the various sections of the grids. The layout where you are placing the widget is what to focus on here. If you have more than 1 layout, write down what layout you are placing the various widgets in. Then, goto a section in which you are expecting there to be a widget, but it isn't showing up. Edit that section by clicking on the pencil near the section name. Once you are in the section editing area, on the left hand side at the top is options for "Section Information". The 3rd option is "LAYOUT". Verify that what is listed there is the same as the layout you wrote down at the beginning. If not, use the dropdown to change it and see if the widget appears (you *may* have to clear the CMS cache in the ACP before it will show up). Report back if its still not working.
        Thanks I will be testing later this evening.
        | Rancho Murieta |

Comment

Did you ever get this figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            Did you ever get this figured out?
            Nope. Support has not either. Developers are now looking at the issue. I did a fresh install on a new directory/database and I cannot replicate the issue. Thanks for your help bszopi.
            | Rancho Murieta |

Comment

I'm running into this same issue with the related posts widget. I set it to search back 90 days. Tried to search forums and posts. Set it to search all open forums. Wrote tags then made a new post in a forum which I also tagged with the same name.

Did anybody figure out what was going on with this one?

Thanks

Comment

Now that I posted I got it working. I added added keywords to the widget and edited my post with those key words in it. Plus added those key words as tags. Was hoping the search would work a bit better but it should work for my needs.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X