Mysterious New Post/Thread Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Mysterious New Post/Thread Notifications

I have a user who is getting "bombarded" with these notifications and I can't track down where they are coming from. Here is a sample...

---------
    Hello,

Mike Howerton has just posted in the PWNA Power Washers of North America 162
    forum of Pressure Washing Institute under the title of Just testing.

This thread is located at http://www.propowerwash.com/board/up...7-Just-testing

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Testing something real quick. Sorry for the intrusion.

Mike
    ----------

I have already checked the forum manager section of the admin and there are no addresses listed to receive notifications. Also checked the moderator section and he is not even a moderator of that subforum.

I am at a loss here.

Thanks,
    Mike

To shed a little more light on this, we changed the user's email address in his profile and the emails followed to the new address. That would tell me that it is tied to his user instead of tied to the forum.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Already checked and he is not subscribed to the forum.

Mike

Comment

That is the moderator phrase that is used in this setting:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Receive Email When a New Post is Created
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The strange thing is that he is not set even a moderator in the groups that he is getting emails about.

The group that I sent the sample email from has a different moderator and that moderator is not set to receive emails either.

I am stumped.

Mike

Comment

Wait, I might have found it. Looks like he was set up as a super moderator and email notifications were turned on at that level.

Testing now, but that looks to be the issue.

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment