Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to set username color

Hello
    I want to set different colors for different user group i.e I want to set different color for admin, moderator, members, etc. how to do it

Use the HTML Markup function:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Username HTML Markup

1st:
    <span style="color:#xxxxxx">

2nd:
    </span>

...with 'xxxxxx' being the hexcode of the color you want to use.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-on-user-group

Comment

Is there a heirarchy of usergroups where one usergroup would override the settings of another?

I have tried this setting exactly as described above but it is in Custom/Additional usergroup and the username never changes. The user I am testing this on is in the Registered User group as the primary and then also in a second usergroup(where this markup exists) as an additional group.
        Last edited by cmmguy; Wed 27 Apr '11, 9:34am. Reason: added subscription
        vBulletin 3.8.2

Comment

Each user must choose which usergroup they want to be associated with in their user Settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok I missed how that answers my question of which user group overrides the other. The user already belongs to the user group that I want the username markup to apply to.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. You have to change the Display Usergroup
            Last edited by cmmguy; Wed 27 Apr '11, 1:58pm.
            vBulletin 3.8.2

Comment

As I said in regards to the HTML markup, the user chooses which usergroup they want to be associated with. That is not something you set.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have a question about this please...

Once the HTML markup is done and saved, is there a need to rebuild cache.. or anything?

And I presume this method of colorizing works same on a PRIMARY usergroup, such as ADMIN?

THANKS AGAIN for your help!

Comment

It should work immediately. You may need to clear your browser cache to see it though.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This worked GREAT! Thank you!
                    Last edited by EffenHaute; Fri 5 Aug '11, 2:25pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X