Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x YNWA x
    replied
    Ok cheers. Now done. I was just going through the tables and the template one was 9mb and the rest are only a few kbs, that is why I asked. No worries. Thanks for the quick replies, sorted out the file system now too.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The templates are small sets of code, if you paste the contents of a template into a text file, the equivalent size will be tiny - deleting three templates will NOT make a difference to your database size!

The only things you can move out the database are Attachments, avatars and Profile Pictures.

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    Yes but I looked at the size, then deleted 3 templates and it was still 9mb.

Basically I want all images and files stored outside of the database. Is it just the attachments and avatars or are there other options too? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It does if you set this: Admin CP -> Avatars -> User Picture Storage Type

If you deleted the templates, they are no longer in the database. 9MB is not that large.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You need to move Avatars and Profile Pics separately:

AdminCP > Avatars > User Picture Storage Type

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    started a topic [Forum] Attachments folder

Attachments folder

Hi
    I am trying to create a file system for attachments so they are not in the database. Does this include avatars and profile pics etc? If no, how would I do that?

Also I have deleted some old templates but the database templates table is still 9mb, how do I get them out of the actual database? PHPMYADMIN does not allow me to restore a backup if it is over 10mb...