Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to allow full article with images for RSS Feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How to allow full article with images for RSS Feeds?

For sometime I have been searching for how to allow the full article with images for the RSS feeds coming from my VB4 site. All I get are partial posts with the image noted as [ATTACH]IMAGE[/ATTACH]

I tried searching here on the site and I kept getting posts related to incoming feeds from other sites. I want to know how to show full RSS feeds coming from my site so when I open them in a RSS reader I see the full article/posts.

Is this possible?
    Gamers socializing and having fun 24/7.
    www.crosseyedgamer.com

I do not know if this is possible if it is, this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well that kind of sucks. I would think we could control the outgoing RSS feed info from the source which is our site. Sort of makes our RSS feeds useless. I guess I will check over at .org.
      www.crosseyedgamer.com

Comment

I do not know of any RSS feeds that provide full content. The purpose of those feeds is to give enough info about the article or post in question to draw interest, then get people to go to the source site for more info.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That isn't true at all. I use to use incoming feeds on my 3.8 board which populated my homepage with Gaming news. It pulled in the entire article with image and linked back to the articles source. There are several sites that allow for the full feed to show up. I subscribe to them via outlook and can open and see the entire thing with images.
          www.crosseyedgamer.com

Comment

Then that is something I've never seen. Every feed I have ever seen has a preview and a 'Read more' link.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by CrossEyedGamer View Post
              That isn't true at all. I use to use incoming feeds on my 3.8 board which populated my homepage with Gaming news. It pulled in the entire article with image and linked back to the articles source. There are several sites that allow for the full feed to show up. I subscribe to them via outlook and can open and see the entire thing with images.
              I hope you're not violating any of those rss feed providers rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                I hope you're not violating any of those rss feed providers rules.
                Personaly I think this vioates copyright and 'Fair Use' rules. If someone pulled full content from my forums in that way, they'd be getting a Cease $ Desist letter from my Lawyer.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X