Template File matching Thread.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Template File matching Thread.php

We have vbulletin v 4 on our server, I want to customize thread page to add some additional boxes.
    However I found there is no template file matching to thread.php(located at root folder)

Can anyone please let me know exactly in which folder I can find out template files?

Please let me know is it possible to edit layout of particular page by hardcoding (directly editing particular template file) at vbulletin ?

There are no template "files".

All templates are in the database.

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > click on << >> and you can now view the templates in the software.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes there are templates at DB.
      Actually I want to put a rectangular block below posts at showthread.php, which will show images extracted from database. Is it possible?
      I have created a php block template named "template_php" at forum block manager , admin. How to integrate that template at showthread.php at particular place?

Comment

I don't understand what you mean about creating a "php block template". Templates are just templates and they may contain html, but not php. You would need to put the php in a plugin and then put the results from that plugin into the template.

This is modifying your code and is something better asked about over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. You may want to read through some threads after a search about this issue since it has been brought up recently (adding a template to an existing template).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I mean at Forum Block Manager there is content type i.e HTML , PHP, Text.

I think we can insert PHP Code there.

Comment

You cannot put a forum block onto another page. You would need to modify the code to do that. (I think there is a mod called Everywhere Sidebar that you may want to look at over on vbulletin.org.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment