X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 2 Questions

Hi there,

2 Questions please -

How do I alter the width overall of the forum please? See example.

http://www.productforum.info/forums/forum.php

Also - How do I remove the tag cloud that has appeared (and i've no idea why) above the thread list?

http://www.productforum.info/forums/...-Announcements

Many thanks.

Originally posted by JPMiddleton View Post
    How do I alter the width overall of the forum please?
    That's controlled by these stylevars:
    doc_minWidth
    doc_maxWidth
    doc_width (keep this set to auto if you want it to remain fluid)

Originally posted by JPMiddleton View Post
    Also - How do I remove the tag cloud that has appeared (and i've no idea why) above the thread list?
    I'm pretty sure that that's a mod.

Comment

It can't be a mod - I haven't added anything to it?

Thanks for your help with the width though.

Comment

Regarding that tag cloud, I really don't think that is from the default vB. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The tag cloud is using a template called "tag_cloud_box_fd". Steve can probably confirm that that isn't a default template.

PHP Code:
          <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATEtag_cloud_box_fd --> 

Comment

There is no such template in the default vB.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help - sorted now.

One more question please - I have put one or two ads around our site in various places, and i'm trying to put one in 'header 2' spot. but no matter what i do, it doesn't appear? Any ideas?

Comment

http://www.productforum.info/forums/forum.php

On the top right, im trying to add a small google adsense ad?

Comment

How are you going about doing this, are you using the vB ad system in the adminCP or adding HTML directly into templates?

Comment

Using the ad manager.

Comment

Did you just setup the ad in Adsense, because that can take some time until it actually shows up. Also double check your permissions settings, that's where I usually screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
                        Did you just setup the ad in Adsense, because that can take some time until it actually shows up. Also double check your permissions settings, that's where I usually screw up.
                        Permissions are fine. No problem there.

Adsen does normally take a few minutes to appear but others have done without any problems?

Maybe the area isn't big enough?

Comment

It looks like you modified the header template, that could be part of the problem, I'd ask whoever made that style for you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X