Sidebar Does Not Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Sidebar Does Not Display

Just upgraded vBulletin 3.8.7 to (the current) version 4.1.2.

Cannot seem to get the Sidebar blocks to display. I've read many/all of the previous threads about the sidebar not appearing on the forum home, but can't seem to find a fix to this problem.

I've enabled the Forum Sidebar and added several Forum Blocks via:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Forum Sidebar and Block Options
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Blocks Manager

I'm using the vB4 Default Style, with no other Mods or plugins installed. Tried refreshing cache, moving CSS to templates from files, etc.

Any idea why the Sidebar refuses to display?

Appreciate any help.
    jca

Link?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Link?
      Private test forum, so I would not be able to post a link.
      jca

Comment

I cannot duplicate this problem on an unmodified test forum (or any forum for that matter.) If the settings are correct, then it has to be either a previously unknown server issue or a modification.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          I cannot duplicate this problem on an unmodified test forum (or any forum for that matter.) If the settings are correct, then it has to be either a previously unknown server issue or a modification.
          Thanks for the reply. I'm not aware of any modifications -- I followed the instructions to make sure no other third-party Plugins/Mods are active in the Products or Plugin Manager. (Disabling the Blog and CMS had no affect as well.) I tried downloading a different Style to see if it was a problem with the vB4 Default Style, other styles do no show the sidebar either. "Suspect File Version" checks show no problems.

The upgrade seemed to work without any problems -- the forum seems to be working and I don't see any other (obvious) issues.

How would one track down an unknown server issue? Is the sidebar controlled by a particular PHP file? I assume I need to open a support ticket with vBulletin and give support access to the private forum?

Appreciate any help.
          jca

Comment

Yes, if you open a support ticket we'll need access to check this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The sidebar shows only on the forum.php page. You aren't looking on another page for it, are you? And are the blocks all active in forums & moderators > forum block manager (they should not have a line through them)? And what type of blocks did you create? And did you configure them in such a way that there should be results?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X