Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Broken urls in the Section and Categories widget

Hi all,

I have s problem with the links in the Section Widget and Categories Widget (Show All). I changed the directory name for the CMS and this has cause the links to not work.

This is the forum where you can see the problem; Forum Try clicking on the links in the Section Widget and Categories Widget (Show All)

How do I fix this?

Thanks.
    Programming Forum || PHP Forum || Windows Forum

When you made that change, did you follow these instructions:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...insubdirectory

Also make sure you are using vB 4.1.1 or higher.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I cannot get to your Home tab.
      The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
      cookies.
      I would guess you have messed up your .htaccess somewhere.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        When you made that change, did you follow these instructions:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...insubdirectory

Also make sure you are using vB 4.1.1 or higher.
        Yes, I did.

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        I cannot get to your Home tab.

I would guess you have messed up your .htaccess somewhere.
        I think at the time you connected I was trying to figure out what was wrong. The tab links to the CMS home page here.

The problem also in the url the /content/ is left there, which I think shouldn't.

Comment

Looks like you are running vBSEO or another SEO modification. Before we can investigate this further, you will need to remove or disable all add-ons, including vBSEO and its .htaccess redirects.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, I managed to get the directories to work. I forgot to add the .htaccess find. There is still the 'content' sub directory in the urls. Is there any possible way of removing this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X