Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Leave a comment:

• Coppers Lot
    replied
    Steve, thanks for your patience.
    How/where do I change permissions for this please as I thought it was set for guests to see attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You still do not allow guests to download attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Coppers Lot
    replied
    Hi Steve, I will give that a go.
    Fortunately I have no plug ins,cms,blogs or anything. My forum is bog standrad and simple.
    And all of my users have the same image limitations . The only work around I have at the moment is to store my images on a seperate server to show full sizes. But that doesnt interfer with vb.

Out of 73 files scanned.....suspect file shows the following as "File not recognised as part of vbulletin" !!! in the following

sitemap.xml receiver.php adminfunctions_backup.php facebook_desktop.php facebook_mobile.php facebookapi_php5_restlib.php
    authenticate.php finalupgrade.php install_language_en.php installcore.php installsteps.php
    upgrade_360.php to 360rc3 upgrade_361.php to 403.php upgrade_language_en.php upgradecore.php upgrademain.php

Is this a false return?
    Last edited by Coppers Lot; Tue 15 Mar '11, 9:43am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• Coppers Lot
    replied
    I have upgraded to v 4.1.2 and this issue remains. Any advice on what to do next please?

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied
    I'm having the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Coppers Lot
    replied
    DOH!! your right I forgot that view images were turned off for guests.
    OK I will upgrade and get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You don't allow guests to download attachments.

However since you are running 4.0.3, you need to upgrade to 4.1.2 as the next step in troubleshooting this.

Leave a comment:

• Coppers Lot
    started a topic [Forum] Image size problem - thumbnail to full size

Image size problem - thumbnail to full size

I am having an issue with images in my forum (VB 4.0.3)

I have image sizes in AdminCP set to 600 x 600 for a jpg file.

If I post a picture (this example is 2000px x 3000px) it posts as a thumbnail 209px × 280px (scaled to 112px × 150px)
    If you then select it to show full image it comes up in another window but the same size 209px × 280px.

My images are currently held in the database using the GD system
    Using the pencil option to show full image the image remains at 209px × 280px
    Here is a link for the example:

I have obviously got something wrong, can anyone advise me what to do to correct this or point at a how to somewhere please?