Modifying navbar to dropdown menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Modifying navbar to dropdown menu

Hey, I am currently attempting to convert to whole navbar to a dropdown menu. What is the easiest approach?

As far as I can tell I will need to convert the community and home seperately. I have yet to find any articles that explain this specifically, unless I want to create the whole menu from scratch as a custom menu which doesnt seem very fun.

I have been playing with the "popupmenu" class / popupctrl navtab class with javascript and have come close but not quite. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would highly appreciated

Ok ive made some progress...

vbcms_navbar_link

HTML Code:
    <vb:if condition="$vboptions['selectednavtab'] == 'vbcms'">
    <li class="popupmenu">

<a href="javascript://" class="popupctrl navtab">{vb:rawphrase site}</a>

<ul class="popupbody popuphover" style="color:' . vB_Template_Runtime::fetchStyleVar('navbar_tab_linkhover_color') . ';font:' . vB_Template_Runtime::fetchStyleVar('navbar_tab_font') . '">
    <li></li>
    		{vb:raw template_hook.vbcms_navbar_start}
    		<vb:if condition="$links">
    			<vb:each from="links" value="link">
    				<li><a href="{vb:raw link.url}">{vb:raw link.title}</a></li>
    			</vb:each>
    		<vb:else />
    			<li class="hidden">&nbsp;</li>
    		</vb:if>
    		{vb:raw template_hook.vbcms_navbar_end}
    	</ul>
    </li>
    	<li>
    	<vb:if condition="$vboptions['vbcms_url']">
    		<a class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.vbcms_url}{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase site}</a>
    		<a class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.site_tab_url}{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase site}</a>
    	</li>
    The drop down menu only works on certain pages tho

Comment

There is a mod on vbulletin.org that I think will do what you want a lot easier.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233629

Comment

I do use that. Thank you for the response. I am still looking to learn how to modify the navbar.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X