Calendar event count not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Calendar event count not working

It says in the Calendar configuration "The Event Count Sets the maximum number of events to be listed on a single day in the monthly view before a single link to all that day's Events is shown instead"

I have 2 vB4 installations. One is still vB4.1.0 and the other is 4.1.2. In both cases the event count can be set to a high figure (say 10 events) but only the first couple can be seen.

Before the sites were upgraded (from vB3 versions) the event count was working as it should.

Is there a configuration setting somewhere else I'm not aware of? Thanks for your help…

Can you provide links to those forums?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

One is a live site. It's the vB4.1.0. The other (vB4.1.2) is a test site on my computer.

Below is a link to the calendar page of the live site. March 6th has 3 events listed but only one and a half event titles are showing in monthly view. The Event Count is set to 10.

If you go back to February you can see a few days there where there is more than one event listed and the 2nd event is cut off.

http://itscountry.com.au/calendar.php

Comment

Thanks. I tested this on my unmodified test forum and it looks like this is limited to about 4 lines total. I also tested this in 3.8. and that version works fine. The day expands to cover the extra events.

I consider this to be a regression. Please report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I added it to the bug tracker...

Comment

They have acknowledged the problem in the bug tracker as being a style issue and have changed the status to Scrubbed which apparently means it has been acknowledged but not prioritised or assigned. They also changed the priority to trivial?? Maybe for them - but tell that to my forum members….

In the mean time I need a temporary solution.

The height is controlled by the StyleVar: calender_event_height. Changing that from 80px to 100% expands the days with multiple events correctly however days with no events collapse completely making the whole thing look messy.

I tried going to calender.css and changing
            Code:
            .calendar .events {
             height: {vb:stylevar calendar_events_height};
            to
            Code:
            .calendar .events {
             min-height: 80px;
            This had virtually the same effect as the first change I tried accept the days with no events only collapsed to 80 px instead of all the way. See attached image.

I know extremely little about css or coding so am hoping someone can show me how to align the bottom and side boarders of the empty days with the others that have events.. Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X