• Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Modify the new language

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	3720141Hi all
    i have just added new Language and i still can not change the Main Category and
    Main Forum
    where can i find the path to modify it
    please help
    thnx
    Last edited by sensiblemind; Tue 8 Mar '11, 10:55pm. Reason: add

Forum manager, those words are not phrases.
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

thnx Anders
      BUT when i edit it in the forum manager it shows only in English pages
      is there any XML file to edit in ??
      i appreciate your help

Comment

All language is in Phrases, including the text for emails. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for (for larger phrases it's best to search for just a small section of the phrase), then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          All language is in Phrases, including the text for emails. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for (for larger phrases it's best to search for just a small section of the phrase), then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
          Well, in this case, it isn't in the phrases since the original poster is asking for how to change the name of the forum. Forum names are not made up by phrases.

Originally posted by sensiblemind View Post
          thnx Anders
          BUT when i edit it in the forum manager it shows only in English pages
          is there any XML file to edit in ??
          i appreciate your help
          In the admin CP you go to The forum manager, accessible via Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager.
          There you can edit all your different sub forums. The name should be clearly visible.
          See here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/forum_manager

Just click Edit Forum and there you should be able to change "Main Category" and "Main Forum" to whatever you want to call you main category and main forum.

I hope this helps.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson
          Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
          If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
          Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X