• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    If you wish, it would likely be better in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Tomcat1765

• Tomcat1765
    replied
    Attachments are being stored in the database...should I move them to a file system?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    How are you storing attachments? AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Storage Type

Leave a comment:

• Tomcat1765

• Tomcat1765
    replied
    Hello?? Any further advice? I still experiencing truncated files when I try to open or save an attachment...

Leave a comment:

• Tomcat1765

• Tomcat1765
    replied
    Ok...done. My site is http://forums.petdocsoncall.com and the specific thread is http://forums.petdocsoncall.com/show...r-Martha-Smith

Is that what you needed?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    AdminCP > Settings > Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options >
    Public phpinfo() Display Enabled > Yes

Link to your site

Leave a comment:

• Tomcat1765

• Tomcat1765
    replied
    Zachary...attachments are being stored in the database. I am sure I can link to phpinfo...I just would need instructions as to how to do it...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    How are attachments being stored?
    Can you link to phpinfo?

Leave a comment:

• Tomcat1765

• Tomcat1765
    replied
    To my knowledge, this hasn't worked correctly since the conversion to 4.0 (Jan 2010), but I am not going to swear to that. We have not changed servers. I actually started researching this problem several months ago, but I had more important issues to work on and it got pushed back.

Here is a link to the thread I just posted: http://forums.petdocsoncall.com/show...r-Martha-Smith. Hopefully you will be able to see it, I have it waiting to be moderated so that it doesn't show up on the site. You will see the attachment is 4.73 MB, but if you try to open or save it, it only allows 2 MB.

Thanks for your time and response....

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Did this used to work correctly? This sounds like a server setting on your site, so if you recently moved servers, they may not have it set correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Tomcat1765

• Tomcat1765
    started a topic [Forum] Attachments aren't downloading properly

Attachments aren't downloading properly

On my forum, I will occasionally post mp3s or other audio attachments for users to listen to. These are usually informative podcasts.

I haven't uploaded any in awhile, but today I noticed that when I used the attachment manager and uploaded a 4. MB file, it uploaded well. BUT...when I went to listen and check the attachment, I clicked on the attachment, IE 8 asked me if I wanted to open or save...I chose open and when it begins it's download, it proceeds to 2 MB and then stops. So, I end up with a 3 minute audio instead of a 7 minute audio.

The same thing happens if I try to save it instead of open it.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance