Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vpcarrocci
    replied
    The place I was thinking about locating the link was just to the left of the Advanced Search link in what might be called the navbar. I'm still very new to all the lingo within the forum software and editing code is totally new to me. Is the navbar the right place for that location?

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by vpcarrocci View Post
    On the same subject of Forum Rules, is it possible to add a link to the rules page to the top of the main index? The only link I see currently is displayed on the message posting page.
    Where exactly are you referring to when you say "top of main index"?

If you wish to add a link to your footer instead, edit your footer template, find this code:
    PHP Code:
    <ul id="footer_links" class="footer_links"
    And add this right below it (don't forget to change the "yourdomain")

PHP Code:
    <li><a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules">Forum Rules</a></li

Leave a comment:

• vpcarrocci
    replied
    On the same subject of Forum Rules, is it possible to add a link to the rules page to the top of the main index? The only link I see currently is displayed on the message posting page.

Leave a comment:

• molieman
    replied
    Thank you Lynne and my apology for having to repeat yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    As already stated, it's a phrase - forum_rules_description

Leave a comment:

• molieman
    replied
    I'm interested too, in finding out where. It's been so long since I've changed mine I've forgotten how It seems there was a text file, rather than a phrase?

Leave a comment:

• d1man
    replied
    I changed the phrase forum_rules_description.

Talking about rules such as those http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What phrase did you edit? And exactly which forum rules are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• d1man
    started a topic [Forum] Forum Rules

Forum Rules

How to change the rules of the forum?
    I changed them in the editor phrases, but has given nothing, the rules remain unchanged. Cache cleared, your browser rearranged, nothing gave.

What should I do?
    Last edited by d1man; Tue 8 Mar '11, 8:53am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X