Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Errors being thrown out intermittently

Hi Vbulletin,

My forum has been live for almost 10 months since upgrading to Vbulletin 4.0.6.

Over the past few weeks, I have been seeing some intermittent, random errors being thrown out when trying to access any page within the site.

I've included some below.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 369152 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1572864) (tried to allocate 147976 bytes) in /home/**********/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 93

and this one I saw for the first time today.

Not Found The requested URL /install/install.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm trying to make a relation to the latter error and the previous errors occurred to diagnose and repair. Hope you can help ?

Your PHP has an absurdly low memory limit. The first error says it ran out of memory after only .25 mb, the second error says it ran out of memory after 1.5mb. It will be next to impossible to run vBulletin with that restrictive of a webhost.

You should contact your webhost and ask them what their php memory limit is.

Comment

Thanks Zachery, I contacted them when I first noticed these errors.

Do you have a recommendation value to increase PHP memory to?

Currently, the host advised we are at 64mb.

Comment

Reply from host

Sounds like a memory issue. The PHP memory limit is high, sounds like the actual memory available at certain times is low, sounds like a rogue script on the server eating up memory at certain times.

Comment

Thats not how php memory normally works. PHP allows memory to be allocated per request via the php.ini file. Unless the server is physcially out of memory & swap. Then bigger issues would be happening.

Comment

Thanks Zachery, I've relayed this onto my host.

Are you able to make any recommendation here?

Cheers

Comment

It sounds like they have an absurdly low memory limit, probably because they have a lot of sites on that server. If they are not willing to change this, then you should seriously consider finding a better host.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X