No announcement yet.

Problem with sending email confirmations, pw reminder,activation codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Problem with sending email confirmations, pw reminder,activation codes

Hi , i'm having problems with the sending emails in my forum.
    I moderate all new members and i have been using this for 3 years without problems.

Now, when new members register, they dont receive confirmation emails, and if i send activation codes they dont receive either. Also i tried email password reminder and this option does not work for some reason.

NOTE: the cms and blog are turned off , never used them before.

I didn't install any plugin for past 7 month's and didn't change any settings, and now i'm lost dont know what to do.

i appreciate any help from you

Best regards
    Jonas

ok i run the diagnostics and submit suspected file version and showed all the php files like this

what does it means ?

ajax.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1

album.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    announcement.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    api.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    apichain.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    asset.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    assetmanage.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    attachment.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    attachment_inlinemod.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    blog.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    blog_ajax.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    blog_attachment.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1
    blog_callback.php File version mismatch: found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 Patch Level 1

and etc.

is that means do i need to run the http://www.example.com/forums/install/install.php one more time or it should look like this?

Also i tried to email my self from the diagnostics
    and it said

No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check *******@hotmail.com shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

but i did not receive any email, and have no idea what happened never had any issue before, plz help
    Last edited by -=Leb=-; Sat 26 Feb '11, 3:23pm.

Comment

When did you last do an upgrade and from what version? Did you run the upgrade.php script with no problems?

And have you talked to your host about the mail server configuration? According to the diagnostics, it sounds like things in vb are running fine and it is something on the server that is not sending the email.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Do not run install. Which version shows at the top of the Admin CP?

Note: vB uses the server for it's email. Assuming you have not disabled emails in the Admin CP or in config.php, then if there are problems the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          When did you last do an upgrade and from what version? Did you run the upgrade.php script with no problems?

And have you talked to your host about the mail server configuration? According to the diagnostics, it sounds like things in vb are running fine and it is something on the server that is not sending the email.
          Hi lynne, i upgraded the forum from first day i saw that the VB released a newer version from version 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and and went through the upgrade.php without any problem or lag

Lynne, i have fixed this version mismatch found 4.1.2, expected 3.8.4 patch level 1? i reuploaded the files and fixed everything. But still have problems with the receiving emails from the forum

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post

Note: vB uses the server for it's email. Assuming you have not disabled emails in the Admin CP or in config.php, then if there are problems the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Hi steve, it shows Admin Control Panel (VBulletin 4.1.2) Latest version available: 4.1.2

and the email in the admin cp is enabled and never touched it also i enabled -f parameter and did not helped

I called godaddy.com and they checked the logs and saw that there are 54 email addresses was sent today , and all of them was sent from their server without any problem. they said they could see thats they are sent and Nothing wrong from their side.

As i said above, i'm not the only 1 who is not receiving emails. all new members, old members including my self are not receiving emails . I have 2 hotmails and real one i got from my internet provider.

What do you both suggest?

plz help, never had this problem before. this issue started 2 days ago and i did not install any plugin. Also i tired to disable all plugin i have , still no result.

Jonas
          Last edited by -=Leb=-; Sat 26 Feb '11, 11:22pm.

Comment

Any help please

Comment

Reupload ALL the 4.1.2 files, then run: ....../install/upgrade.php?version=final

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thx steve, the problem is resolved. 1000 thx to you

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post

Do I need to setup an e-mail on my server, in order for the account activation e-mails to be sent out?
                    DNN l Drewry l DNN on YouTube l DNN Web Links Library l Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X