4.1.2 Album Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 4.1.2 Album Issues

I have had a problem with uploading images to photo albums since VB 4.0.

The issue I believe must be server or database configuration settings, but here is what is going on:

1. I can view all existing albums with no issue.
    2. When viewing an individual album it also works perfectly.
    3. I click UPLOAD PICTURES: (this is where issues begin).

A new tab appears in IE. The tab is named "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS"

The File Upload Manager comes up. The "ADD FILES" button is not positioned correctly and neither is the note that says "1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files below"

No existing files appear. I am unable to upload any files from this screen

If I close this tab in IE, and click UPLOAD PICTURES again, now the "Add Files" button and note are in the correct position on the screen, but no files appear in the large white space. I am still unable to upload files.

I close this tab and click UPLOAD PICTURES again (one or more times) and finally thumbnails appear in the home folder and finally I can upload pictures from my computer.

I believe this has something to do with server database settings.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this so you can upload pictures the first time?

This is what my server is running on:

Server Type Linux
    Web Server Apache v2.2.15 (cgi)
    PHP 5.2.13
    PHP Max Post Size 8.00 MB
    PHP Maximum Upload Size 2.00 MB
    PHP Memory Limit 32.00 MB
    MySQL Version 5.1.54
    MySQL Packet Size 1.00 MB
    Last edited by doctor death; Fri 25th Feb '11, 6:34pm.

Seems more like a problem with a modification that is not compatible with IE. Do you have the same problem with a different browser?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have users having a problem uploading images in their albums as well. While I have no problem in Firefox, I have more than one user reporting issues. I don't have any mods that effect albums at all. They report that when they hit "upload" it begins the upload and sends them to an endless loop... the uploads never get there.
      No, my site isn't about Motorcycle Maintenance...

Comment

Note: Mods don't have to be strictly for Albums to cause problems elsewhere.

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X