Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Sending Emails / Disk Space

Hello,

I have two things I had some questions on.

First thing:

I'm trying to send a mass email to all members and I was wondering what type of content can we use. Html, php, or can it only be text? Because I want to put links inside the email and I don't want it to be the long address.

Second thing:

I was wondering about blogs and albums. Do they take up a lot of disk space the more member uses them? And is there a way to set how many albums a member can have up. I know I can put in how many pictures a member can have in each album and the total size. But what if I just want them to have a total of three albums.
    The n00biest of all n00bs.
    Of Age Wizards

1. Email can be sent in plain text only.

2. Depends on how many blogs and how many Album pics. Blogs take up the same amount of db space as threads and posts. And if you store User Pictures in the file system, they would be neglible in the database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay.

How would I go about making sure that its being stored in the file system?
      The n00biest of all n00bs.
      Of Age Wizards

Comment

You do that here:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

And here:

Admin CP -> Avatars -> User Picture Storage Type
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X