profile field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] profile field

I want too add my own profile field and have them show up on the forum underneath location etc

How can this be done.

I can add them onto the users personal profile page but can't work out how to get it onto the forum.

Thanks

You may want to see this -Using your User Profile Fields in your postbit templates

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi,

i want to see my own profile field in the User Profile - About me. What should i do? Which template or code i must change?
      i've added the fields in postbit_legacy, so i see it in the post as a link. And the same i want to show in User Profile - About Me ..

I hope you understand my terrible english ..

Comment

i found it but i cant edit anything .. posted here -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ocation....%29
        Last edited by McAtze; Fri 25th Feb '11, 3:32am.

Comment

The Style and the Fields that i would change are in the template "memberinfo_block_profilefield" .. but i cannot change the "{vb:raw block_data.fields}" .. Thats what i mean.

i would edit the "{vb:raw block_data.fields}" .. can i do this ??
          Last edited by McAtze; Fri 25th Feb '11, 4:36am.

Comment

The "Style"-Part is done .. i've add these in additional.css so the fields will be show in table style

.profile_content .subsubsectionhead.first{
            margin-bottom: 10px;
            }

.profile_content .userprof_content_border dl{
            list-style: none;
            padding-top: 2px;
            }

.profile_content .userprof_content_border dt{
            display:block;
            float:left;
            clear:left;
            width:25%;
            }

.profile_content .userprof_content_border dt:after {
            content:":";
            }

.profile_content .userprof_content_border dd {
            display:block;
            float:left;
            margin-left:10px;
            }
            .. but i could't find to add my own fields into about me ..

Comment

When you created the profile field, did you select the Display Page to be Edit Profile? If so, it shows up in the About Me tab. If you want it editable, make sure Field Editable by User is set to Yes.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

it will be show in About me, but the user can choose between Yes and No. If they choose Yes it will be automaticly create a link to his own gallery and post it into postbit_legacy.
                But in about me it will be show only yes or no .. and that i will change.

I hope you understand my problem ..

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want at all. Can you post an image of what it is now and what you want it to be?

If this is requiring modifying code, you may do better to post over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. But even there, you should post an image of what you have and what you want.

Comment

The Link from postbit_legacy should be shown in about me ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit_legacy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	3681494 Click image for larger version

Name:	about-me.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	3681493

I'm sorry but my English is worse ..

Comment

And what is currently showing - just a Yes/No type thing? It sounds like you have code written such that if the user says Yes, then one thing shows and if the user says No, then something else shows? And you want them to be able to edit.... what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                        And what is currently showing - just a Yes/No type thing? It sounds like you have code written such that if the user says Yes, then one thing shows and if the user says No, then something else shows?
                        Thats right .. I write a IF/ELSE-Cod in postbit_legacy. If the user say YES (in profile editing) a link to his gallery will be show in postbit_legacy. But in about me it will only be show YES or No. But i want to show the link in about me too.

I hope you understand my problem now. Should i aks the prob at vb.org ??

Comment

If you want the link to show in the About Me tab also (and not just the Yes/No), then you are going to have to write a plugin or edit the template just as you did for the postbit_legacy. Making it editable is going to be a bit trickier. And yes, this is definitely something that would be better posted over on vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X