Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Domain Setup

Okay,
    So I attempted a search however there continued to be a number of errors and so I am left to start a new thread so I would like to apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

For about 12-months I have been running my website at domain.com, and installed my forums on the subdomain forums.domain.com.

On the front page (domain.com) I have been previously running a wordpress installation, and on forums.domain.com my vBulletin installation.

Now that vb4.1.2 is at a level where I can trust the CMS - let's not turn this into one of those threads - I would like to be using the entire publishing suite that I have ordered.

However I am unsure on how to set up the inbuilt domain system to make it work.

My installation as previously mentioned is on forums.domain.com, however I would like for the CMS to appear on domain.com, forums on forums.domain.com (or domain.com/forums) and blogs on either blogs.domain.com (or domain.com/blogs).

It seems that this can not be done (without losing all of my modifications etc) as it needs to be put into the main directory (domain.com).

Is there any quick way to set it up as stated above?

Unfortunately at this time there is no option or support for having the Forums, Blog and CMS on different subdomains.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So (and sorry to sound like a newbie) but just to be clear.
      I now have to reinstall vBulletin onto the main domain (domain.com) and try and import my data over and set it up that way (using the inbuilt system to have cms on default domain, forums on /forums, and blogs on /blogs).

Just want to understand before I do it all as I don't want to undertake the big effort and it not be right.

I appreciate you taking your time Steve.

Comment

Why do you have to reinstall? I'm not clear what your current situation is.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry not to be clear Steve,
          And once again I appreciate your time taken in responding (and to anyone else who chips in).

But my current installation is on forums.domain.com and so to get it where my cms appears on domain.com, and forums on domain.com/forums I thought from your response earlier and what I have read is that I would need to put the installation on domain.com?

Comment

You'd just need to move the files and update the admincp, no need to reinstall

Comment

Zachery,
              Sorry to sound stupid but do you mean all of the files or the ones relating to the CMS?
              Real sorry for bugging you guys but if I can get out of re-installing I will

Also once again thank you for your time.

Comment

There is almost never ever a reason to reinstal vBulletin.,
                If you want vBulletin's CMS in / and the forums in /forums/ and the blogs in /blogs/
                Move all of your current vBulletin files from forums.domain.com to www.domain.com/forums/
                Update the vBulletin URL in the admincp.
                Now, after updating the forum url you will see 3 other settings.
                Forum Componet URL
                Blog Componet URL
                CMS Componet URL
                Click on the ? icon next to each one for specific instructions.
                You can leave the forum on alone, you need to follow the blog and cms instructions.

Comment

Zachery (and Steve) I want to have your babies
                  Thanks so much.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X