Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Some pages slow to load

Hi All,

I just upgraded servers and installed nginx with php-fpm. Everything is working fine, except the forumdisplay.php page is slow to load. Most pages on the site load in a couple of seconds, however when I try to load a forumdisplay page it takes 15+ seconds to load.

I checked the slow_query_log in MySQL and can't see anything there, so I think it has something to do on the web server/PHP side. How can I track down the source of the issue?

Thanks in Advance

What is your default display from date? How far back? If its anything over 45 days there is a lot of math that php has to do to finish calucluating things.

Comment

Hi Zachery,

I tried cutting the display date from "All" to "45 days" and it seemed to cut the load time from about 30 seconds to about 26 seconds. This is still quite high.

I am also using MySQL 5.5 - is it possible that there is some issue with the new version? I am considering rolling back to MySQL 5.1 to test if that resolves the issue.

Adam

Comment

First suggestion would be to disable ALL of your third party addons, including vbseo, and see if the issue improves any.

Comment

Hi Zachery,

You are right, I set DISABLE_HOOKS to true in my config and found this resolved the issue. I will now disable addons one by one to find out which one is causing the issue.

Comment

It seems to be caused by "ProvB - Extra Threadfields" (specifically something with the "Extra Threadfields - Forumdisplay/Threadbit -> Show Fields" plugin). I will report the issue to the vendor and take it from there. In the mean time I disabled this plugin and it has resolved the issue. Thanks!

Comment