Help with users logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Help with users logged in

I transferred my forum to a new website and restored the database but I didn't bring the plugins over (all it was were a chatbox and a donate plugin) and when I looked where the members signed in it showed 'Array'. I am confused and it doesn't show who is actually signed in.

I also removed the plugins from the admincp and the problem still exists.

That is from a modification. You cannot get this with the default vB code (assuming you backed up and restored the database correctly.)

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yea, I am still having the issue, I have removed all plugin/products, except vBulletin. I have done all the steps you told me to do above, and it still has 'Array' at the bottom eventhough there are members signed in.

Comment

Did you revert the forumhome template?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Did you revert the forumhome template?
          I didn't, but I just tried it and it says 'Nothing to do'

Comment

Have you tried disabling your third party addons?

Comment

I have the same issue. Wasn't like that on 4.1.1??
              For custom designed Windows 7 Visual Styles/Themes, please visit CreativX!

Comment

Have you followed previous advice?
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I did. I actually got the 'Array' away and got it back working on my test site. This code was missing in the FORUMHOME template:

Code:
                  <vb:each from="activeusers" value="loggedin">
                                              <li> {vb:stylevar dirmark}<a class="username" href="{vb:link member, {vb:raw loggedin}}">{vb:raw loggedin.musername}</a>{vb:raw loggedin.invisiblemark}{vb:raw loggedin.buddymark}</li>
                                          </vb:each>
                  However it is present in all my other skins, and I don't have the 'Array' text, just no usernames showing. So, is there something else missing or wrong in my FORUMHOME templates then?

Comment

Have you done this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post2117420

Modified Templates
                    Requires revert
                    • member-ie.css
                    • FORUMHOME
                    • member.css
                    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Yes Trevor, I reverted those, but still the same. There must be something else in Forumhome that is causing this.

Comment

I solved my problem, I had to upgrade to the new version. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X