External Data Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] External Data Provider

How can I set up the external data provider to only provide information from a few of my forums?

I don't want all the information to be pushed out.

The problem is... my RSS is pulling down from the NYT and then pushing the info back out through the data provider.

My members are saying, they only want information from my site... not info from the NYT!!

Please help.
    http://www.indianaauditions.com

The RSS feed will only show info from forums that guests can view. If you do not want specific forums to show up in your feed, disabling guests from viewing them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So that's all I have to do.

I take the foum "National News" and tag it so "Users awaiting verification" can't view the forum.

Now when MY external data provider feed goes out... this forum won't be a part of it?

If it is that easy you have NO IDEA all the time you have saved me!!!

Comment

Not quite, you need to make it unviewable to the Unregistered group for this not to show in the RSS feed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK... I just put "All No" for unregistered users for that particular forum.

Now... I just have to figure out how to check to be sure that feed isn't going out... and that... is something... I don't know how to do.

Any ideas for a newbie?

Comment

Feeds aren't sent out. They need to be requested. And if guests cannot view a forum, there is no feed available for it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry... what I meant was people were pulling down MY RSS feed.

Comment

There is no feed for forums that cannot be viewed by guests.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment