No announcement yet.

WTF is happening here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the same problem and same solution worked.

Comment

Just been hit by this
      Forums been slow on page loads all day and then I had the file download appear
      Doing a google on file that comes up for download, it looks like a lot are suffering the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Lee G View Post
        Just been hit by this
        Forums been slow on page loads all day and then I had the file download appear
        Doing a google on file that comes up for download, it looks like a lot are suffering the same problem
        Are you referring to the Gravity Insights issue? Did it happen again?

Comment

Oh yes. First time its happened to me
          Lets just say Im far from impressed
          I just uninstalled it. Page loads are nice and fast again
          Looking at the code in the file, I was sure some little code kiddie had hacked me to start with

Comment

Originally posted by Lee G View Post
            Oh yes. First time its happened to me
            Lets just say Im far from impressed
            I just uninstalled it. Page loads are nice and fast again
            Looking at the code in the file, I was sure some little code kiddie had hacked me to start with
            Yeah I did that back when it first happened, the reports were nice but it was a compromise in page loading speeds. After that happened I also spent a lot of time trimming out other unnecessary items/mods out, so I guess some good came out of it.

Comment

Insights Outage 3/4/11

Hey guys -

We have to put our tail between our legs today. From 11:40PM last night to 10:20AM some of our customers were seeing slower than normal pageloads on their forums due to a webserver configuration issue in our datacenter. I have been reading some posts of people thinking Insights or users were hacked - this was not the case.

We performed standard webserver upgrades last night during an approved maintenance window and immediately saw latency start occurring for some of our incoming requests. During this time some of our customers were impacted with slower then normal pageloads on their forums. We worked through the night - partial service restoration began immediately and the latency was completely resolved across all customers at 10:20AM.

The uptime of our infrastructure is of incredible importance to us. Prior to this event we have been very proud of an uptime track record of > 99.9% over the last 2 years. Anything less then this is completely unacceptable to us. We are immediately implementing a series of technical and procedural changes to ensure that this event or one like it does not occur again.

1. We have changed the procedure in which we deploy configuration updates or security patches to our webfarm to ensure any issues related to a particular update or security patch will be confined to a single part of our infrastructure
              2. We have made changes to the architecture of our server side code to ensure that in the event of datacenter, network upstream, or any other outtages within or outside of our control will not impact the load time of our partners.

We are confident these changes will prevent this event or one like it from impacting you or your customers in the future.

Our relationship with the forum community is of utmost importance to us.

We live, eat and breath the forum space and hope to continue providing value to everyone in the community. If you have any questions whatsoever, please email us [email protected] and we will get back to you right away.

Sincerely,
              Jim Benedetto, CTO Gravity

Comment

I just disabled them, they're useless anyways.
                Jason Craig – Partner
                Wet Coast Sports LTD
                Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X