No announcement yet.

Adding Custom Text Fields Under Avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Adding Custom Text Fields Under Avatar?

I have seen vBulletin forums where custom fields have been added under the avatar - viewable on the left within threads. Is it possible to add custom info in this area (seen below) and how?

Click image for larger version

Name:	custom.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	3719931

Yes, those are called profile fields. You can find them in the Admin CP -> User Profile fields.

Comment

This should help - Using your User Profile Fields in your postbit templates

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for the quick info! I had been playing around in the User Profile fields area of the CP, but I can't seem to get them to show up under the avatars (as seen in my screenshot). I didn't realize it meant possibly making direct changes to the code - I will take a look at the link for instructions on how to do it. I am not too crazy about adding extra lines of code - I am little worried that a future update may cause problems with the changes I make. Thanks again!

Comment

Adding the line of code worked and really wasn't that big a deal. Thanks Lynne!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X