• [Forum] Error with attachments and user images after upgrade

I just upgraded to 4.1.1 and now attachments:
    http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/o...-here-now.html

and user galleries
    http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/m...e-jumping.html

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/a...4&d=1255053141

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/m...ooked-like.jpg

Do not show images or attachments.

The images are stored on the file system.
    I have run 'Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails' and that did not help
    Thank You...Mick Knutson

BLiNC Magazine Forums: "Everything you ever wanted to know about BASE-Jumping, but didn't know whom to ask."

I also notice in
    public/forum/attachment/8/5/*

*.attach and *.thumb files. What is that? I never heard of that file. Most of my images are suppose to be JPG.

When I run the maintenance again, I see several: errors
    Code:
    Processing: Attachment : 128 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 129 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 130 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 131 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 132 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 133 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 134 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 135 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 136 (jpg) Error
    Processing: Attachment : 137 (jpg) Error
    Thank You...Mick Knutson

BLiNC Magazine Forums: "Everything you ever wanted to know about BASE-Jumping, but didn't know whom to ask."

Comment

Please let me know if I should revert back to the old database I backup this morning. I did that before migrating from DB attachments to File based attachments.
      Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

The first thing I would try is removing or disabling your add-ons.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          The first thing I would try is removing or disabling your add-ons.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
          I did each of these, and still no luck. I have tried for an hour to upload the photos, but keep getting this error:

Code:
          500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
          Attached Files
          Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CP2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	3681340

Name:	CP3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	3681341

Name:	CP4.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	3681342
            Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

If you PM me or email me, I can get you access to the site if you want.
              Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

Strange thing, is when I go to one of the attacments:
                http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/a...9&d=1256750841

It shows as being attachment.php (JPEG Image)
                Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

500 Internal Server Errors are server issues. If you have followed all the previous instructions, then the next step is to contact your host about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Actually, the 500 error was from vbulletin.com trying to upload the images to show you I did what you asked.
                    I have no 500 error on my side!!!!!

There is just an issue with attachments being served as BLANK:
                    http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/a...-jpg-skull.jpg

skull.jpg is 9k and when I save the file from my browser it is 9k

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/a...9&d=1256750841
                    is 137.jpg and it shows 1,848k and I can download the file.
                    When i try to upload this, I get the error I posted earlier, but when I edit the file in GIMP, the file is formatted just fine:

Name:	137-editted.jpg
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	3681350

I am willing to try anything, but need a direction to go into.
                    Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

When I run a raw http scan I get:

Code:
                      GET /forum/attachments/wiki_images/627d1246039304-skull-jpg-skull.jpg HTTP/1.1
                      Host: www.blincmagazine.com
                      User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (via www.askapache.com)
                      Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
                      Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
                      Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
                      Connection: close
                      Referer: http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/attachments/wiki_images/627d1246039304-skull-jpg-skull.jpg
                      Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                      Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:26:32 GMT
                      Server: Apache
                      Content-Encoding: , gzip
                      Vary: User-Agent,Accept-Encoding
                      Cache-Control: private, no-cache, no-store, proxy-revalidate, no-transform
                      Set-Cookie: vbseo_loggedin=deleted; expires=Sun, 07-Feb-2010 16:26:32 GMT; path=/
                      Pragma: no-cache
                      Content-Length: 5186
                      Connection: close
                      Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I have no made any server changes in 6 months. The only thin that I have done is upgrade vbulletin.
                      Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

All I'm seeing with your links is this:

You need to remove all modifications as per post #4. I still see at least vBSEO and others installed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Also, vB does not store images like this:

That is from an add-on.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Name:	CP7.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3681353
                            Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/a...4&d=1256000636
                              133.jpg Still blank.

Name:	133-edited-with-gimp.jpg
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	3681354
                              Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X