Facebook Connect button doesn't show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook Connect button doesn't show

So I bought the vbulletin license (Full Suite 4.1.1) a few days ago and I can't get this to work and I'm getting a bit disappoint.

I'm used to setup the app connect buttons in other websites, and I just tried everything to use it in my vbulletin forum but nothing works.

Any idea?

I've tried with the default theme, my own theme, and nothing can be done to fix this.

The url in my facebook app is set to "http://example.com/" and I even enabled some of the deprecated API calls. My APP id and Secret are correct in my vbulletin options as well.

Thanks.

Did you go to ADMINCP -> SETTINGS -> FACEBOOK OPTIONS -> FACEBOOK YES ENABLED, instead of NO ?
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
      Did you go to ADMINCP -> SETTINGS -> FACEBOOK OPTIONS -> FACEBOOK YES ENABLED, instead of NO ?
      Yes I did, "Enable Facebook Platform: Yes."

Also, why the Div that contains the <li> with the facebook button has the class "hidden"? If I delete temporary that attribute I can see the FB button, but when I click it does nothing.

Comment

So anyone?

Comment

I detected the problem.

The facebook button disappears when I set another language as default (in this case, spanish).

What is causing this? Should I file a bug ticket or something?

Comment

Do you allow users to select langauges or is Spanish the only option?
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I have exactly the same problem, and the only language available in the forum is not English. (Users cannot change it)
              I'm currently using version 4.1.2. Do you know if this problem has been solved/addressed already in earlier versions, or if there is any workaround?
              Thanks

Comment

I highly suggest upgrading to 4.1.9

Comment

I am having this exact same problem on vB 4.2.1. I only have English as an available language on my forum. I am able to see the Facebook Connect button on any page besides my main page but on my main page, it is hidden with the CSS class="hidden" being used. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you.
                  Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X