Facebook Connect not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oly51 View Post
    A temp fix mentioned in the FB bug tracker listed in post #12 is to change the javascript link to an https link.

I changed line 3 in facebook_footer template
    Code:
    <script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;http://connect.facebook.net/{vb:rawphrase facebook_language}/all.js&quot;></script>
    To:
    Code:
    <script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;https://connect.facebook.net/{vb:rawphrase facebook_language}/all.js&quot;></script>
    Working so far for me, waiting on feedback from members.
    Thanks, this seemed to be a fix for me too.

Comment

Is this verified as a fix, will it break upon upgrade? again I am agitated by the affect a third party can have on my site. this blocked download brings suspicion and distrust to My site, not facebook ! Exactly what benefit does facebook receive from my members using it to connect ? what information are they collecting from my users? and why are they affecting users that have not chose to use Facebook?
      Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

It seems like FB has not fully it resolved yet.
        Here's a post from their bug tracker thread:
        ------- Comment #110 From Nikolay 2011-02-04 14:51:13 ------- Hi everyone,

We have identified the rather subtle chain of events that led to the current
        state of our static resources as served by Akamai.

We believe we have a better understanding than yesterday of how the cache is
        getting poisoned and are currently in the process of pushing another emergency
        fix to our servers.

We'll provide some extra details of what we think happened once we are
        confident we have found a reliable solution.
        Translation: Another shot in the dark taken, we'll let you know our score if we hit the target.

Comment

Thats the price we pay for intergrating with third parties, at the rate IB is outsourcing solutions, we are begining to be more like phpBB or wordpress, oh wait wordpress works.
          Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

It doesnt work for me
            Zzz!!!! aBlog!
            aBird tweets!

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The Problem Has stopped since I upgraded to 4.12 and enabled the App. I am not sure that it was a change in VB or Face book. I don't understand Why I would start a new thread for a problem that has been Identified as having the same symptoms as others are reporting. Dispersing the resources available to respond.
                I am not sure about everyone else But I wish to learn whats going on and achieve the ability to fix for myself, by interacting and sharing common issues under different circumstances. Besides Experience has shown that the smaller the number of members asking a question the less Priority it gets.

Comment