Facebook Connect not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook Connect not working?

My facebook connect is not working at my site, and even not working here at your site either. This is the error message I am receiving when clicking facebook connect:
    .app_content_51546247891 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
    .app_content_51546247891 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_Zvucx { height: 42px; }

Nope..hosed on my site as well

Comment

I rec'd this email from facebook about a month ago, I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Dear Facebook Developer,
      In August, we announced that we are deprecating a number of old and infrequently used APIs. Based on our data, your application English Bulldog News (107466812633586) is calling the following methods, which will return an error after January 7, 2011:
      profile.setfbml
      This may be a breaking change, so we encourage you to make the necessary code changes soon.
      To ensure a smooth transition, we’ve introduced new settings to help you simulate the change and test your application. To do this, go to the Advanced tab of your app in the Developer Application. On January 3, these respective settings will be automatically enabled for your application, but you will be able to manually disable them in the Developer Application until January 7.
      If any unexpected issues arise from this change, please let us know in the Developer Forum.
      Thanks,
      The Facebook Platform team

Comment

I too am having the same issues today...

Comment

I had a few people tell me they have been getting a popup asking them to download a file today.

I have been scratching my head as I made no changes and going through my system it did not appear to be compromised in any way...

I just saw this thread after a user of mine alerted me to it and turned off Facebook Connect and the issue seems to have gone away.
          Yup I run a BIG Board.

Comment

Originally posted by scottct1 View Post
            I had a few people tell me they have been getting a popup asking them to download a file today.

I have been scratching my head as I made no changes and going through my system it did not appear to be compromised in any way...

I just saw this thread after a user of mine alerted me to it and turned off Facebook Connect and the issue seems to have gone away.

Yes, I am having the same problem. I had to turn off the Facebook Connect to avoid a security popup in IE. Apparently, either something changed at Facebook or Windows changed. I let Windows 7 install an update last night. Maybe that changed IE? I also checked it on a Vista computer, and it was doing the same thing. However, Firefox is having problems with the Facebook connect, too. Interestingly, the same problem is occurring at Foxsports.com.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Another concerning issue is that when I try to just use the site login with the login and password from the facebook account i used to create the user account it tells me that the password is incorrect. what password is being used when an account is created with facebook connect?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelDeMille View Post
                I'm having the same problem. Another concerning issue is that when I try to just use the site login with the login and password from the facebook account i used to create the user account it tells me that the password is incorrect. what password is being used when an account is created with facebook connect?
                As far as I know, all users who register with facebook connect can only sign in using it. They do not have a password, so you will have to issue them each one manually in admincp.

Comment

Same here all day. I hope they get it straightened out soon.

Comment

I submitted a support ticket to vbulletin and they said it was a facebook bug. I tried to connect one more time on my site, when it gave the error I refreshed the popup and it connected.

Comment

Mine appears to be working today without any popups.

Comment

I found this http://bugs.developers.facebook.net/...g.cgi?id=14971
                        But as this is a feature of VBulletin I expect VB to provide a solution or address it. I also expect VB to help untangle the knots caused by the changes. this is why its a bad Idea to make software Dependant on third parties.

I am very confused about how Facebook is doing this, I have followed the development since the beginning and now have three places on facebook the App a fan page and a group. the app is the latest and fan page was its predecessor, I am not sure how to make them merge, or if I should. what is discerning is that I set the facebook URL for the fan page to my site name crackercoast and then when the app came along I had to choose another URL crackerchat, I like having both as they are part of my URL but do not want to lose the primary name if the first app is discontinued.

the group is obviously separate from the site and has the ability to be a forum itself, I like having this alternative for my members to get updates in case our main site is down but otherwise we don't use it much. the three separate divisions causes confusion and disperses the likes and members who don't get that they can like favorite and use all of them.
                        Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

I also have recently had a threat to my Facebook account because a news article about a local troll being arrested for stalking was reported as abuse. while this was public information and a valid concern to our community the troll was able to use the FB report to threaten my personal account.
                          Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyWebDesign View Post
                            Mine appears to be working today without any popups.
                            Well I spoke to soon... it's back today.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyWebDesign View Post
                              Well I spoke to soon... it's back today.
                              A temp fix mentioned in the FB bug tracker listed in post #12 is to change the javascript link to an https link.

I changed line 3 in facebook_footer template
                              Code:
                              <script type="text/javascript" src="http://connect.facebook.net/{vb:rawphrase facebook_language}/all.js"></script>
                              To:
                              Code:
                              <script type="text/javascript" src="https://connect.facebook.net/{vb:rawphrase facebook_language}/all.js"></script>
                              Working so far for me, waiting on feedback from members.

Comment