Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get into the HTML head tags to paste favicon script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    I uploaded, the icon file, it asked if i want to overwrite, i said yes, favicon.ico is still th vB one..
    You'll need to clear your browser cache to get the new icon to show. Eventually it will on it's own, but if you clear your cache it should show faster.

Leave a comment:

• Chet
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Ignore the head tags crap - you just want the .ico file that comes out of the generator site.

If you are using one of the sites I suggested in another thread, http://www.html-kit.com/favicon/ -- just download the package and get the .ico file, upload that to your forum root.

And yes, it's safe. You can scan the .ICO file if you would like.

I uploaded, the icon file, it asked if i want to overwrite, i said yes, favicon.ico is still th vB one..

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    How to get into the HTML head tags to paste favicon script? I want to change my favicon by replacing the favicon.ico file and enter my own. But the favicon generator site wants me to add some junk into the head tags.. Is this even safe?
    Ignore the head tags crap - you just want the .ico file that comes out of the generator site.

If you are using one of the sites I suggested in another thread, http://www.html-kit.com/favicon/ -- just download the package and get the .ico file, upload that to your forum root.

And yes, it's safe. You can scan the .ICO file if you would like.

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    why not just create a new .ico file and upload it to your website?.. i use microangelo

Leave a comment:

• How to get into the HTML head tags to paste favicon script?

How to get into the HTML head tags to paste favicon script? I want to change my favicon by replacing the favicon.ico file and enter my own. But the favicon generator site wants me to add some junk into the head tags.. Is this even safe?