News Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] News Articles

On the home page, I have one column. I understand that I can choose to "full display in section area." When I click "no" it only shows half of a sentence. Is there a way to choose how much content you want in the section area?

In the screen shot below, you can see an example of the entire article and a partial one. I would like the partial one to have a bit more content on the section page. Is there a way to do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	articles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	3719893

There are two ways to set the amount of preview text. You can set a default number of characters in admincp > settings > options > content management > default preview length. Or on a specific article you can insert a preview break on the article edit page, using the "Insert Preview Break" icon. It's at the far right of the second row of the article editor icons. It looks like a square with a red line through it.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I can't find this option in my admin panel. I only have this option under content management.

Default Page
        If a user visits your CMS site without specifying a page, they will view this page.

CMS Name
        Name of your CMS. This appears in the title of every CMS page.

Site Tab URL
        The URL used by the CMS Tab in the main navigation menu.

Associated Forum for Comments
        The forum to use for CMS item comm

Comment

This was introduced around 4.07 or 4.08- I don't remember exactly. If you don't have this then you are running an older version. Sorry.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X