Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i can't find out how to show user reputation !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET 7
    replied
    yea for some of us new comers it can be overwhelming coming from different softwares.

where would I check to find out how to install the offline in a different location, such as below the avatar?

and I'd like to add like lines between location/age/posts etc so it seems a bit more organized, wehre would I check to see how to do that?

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by ET 7 View Post
    now, would this be a code...some vB sites use "offline" "online" instead of the Green dot that comes default BUT it is located near age/location/total posts etc. is that coding? or mod/hack?
    In some cases it's a mod in other cases it's just moving the image and replacing the green dot with a graphic of sorts.

Here is an example of some graphic sets for Online/Offline from vbulletin.org -- (not for v4 specifically, just an example) http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=162172

vBulletin has grown over the years and the AdminCP has generally stayed the same. It's probably time for a revamp of the overall panel, but at least for those of us that have been around for a long time, we know almost exactly where everything is. IMHO, vB has a great panel based but I'm probably biased since I've spent more time working on vB sites than other packages.

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    To be quite honest with you, if you take time and run through each of the option sections, you can pick-up where a lot of this stuff is setup.

Age display can be controlled by the user as to whether or not they want to display their age info. (via User Control Panel) As an admin, you can change the display of the birthday/age info via the AdminCP Options in the Thread Display Options (showthread) categorywith the setting: Post Elements.

As for the smiley question, don't know the answer off the top of my head.
    thanks ! Sorry i just got vB prob 4 days ago? I am still trying ot learn how much info is actually on this b/c I came from phpbb3 and man was taht thing PLAIN or what. Everything required a code where as this, it just has all the options.

now, would this be a code...some vB sites use "offline" "online" instead of the Green dot that comes default BUT it is located near age/location/total posts etc. is that coding? or mod/hack?

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    ok now its not showing "age" under the location and stuff for users....arghh this can be stressfull
    To be quite honest with you, if you take time and run through each of the option sections, you can pick-up where a lot of this stuff is setup.

Age display can be controlled by the user as to whether or not they want to display their age info. (via User Control Panel) As an admin, you can change the display of the birthday/age info via the AdminCP Options in the Thread Display Options (showthread) categorywith the setting: Post Elements.

As for the smiley question, don't know the answer off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    ok now its not showing "age" under the location and stuff for users....arghh this can be stressfull

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    is ther a way to make the "smilies" in the list in advanced reply section to be bigger?

you LITERALLY no joke can't see a single one as if its on font 2 were it to be a font. I mean in the options part this thing is as small as it gets, prob the size of 5 period marks.

for some sites I have notice the fonts are bigger like say the "thanks" or user name or location they are all bigger, maybe this is part of it? is tehre a way to make it bigger

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    thanks appreciate your help !

Leave a comment:

• Katelyn
    replied
    It's quite simple really:

In the forum manager, you change the "Display Order" column accordingly as the example shows below: (Name and then display order Number)

CATEGORY A 1
    FORUM In Category A 1
    FORUM In Category A 2
    FORUM In Category A 3
    CATEGORY B 2
    FORUM IN CATEOGRY B 1
    FORUM IN CATEGORY B 2
    FORUM IN CATEGORY B 3
    CATEGORY C 3
    FORUM IN CATEGORY C 1

And so on...

Custom user titles are controlled by the user group. (Refer to General Permissions in each group, "Can Use Custom Title")

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    you mean where it shows 1? or 0 means it wont display? cuz they are ALLL on 1...so if I have 5 categories and 9 forums total taht means my order would go 1-14?

also, i jsut went into the user profile options in AdminCP>options location adn I am trying to turn on the ability for users to customize their user title if they wish, nothing is in there though.

Leave a comment:

• Katelyn
    replied
    quick question so I don't make a thread, how can I reorganize smilies or forum categories?
    You can change the display order of forums & categories in the forum manager. Change the display order column to get the arrangement of forums that you like. (AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager)

For smilies, you can do the same ordering technique by change the number in in white box. (AdminCP > Smilies > Smilie Manager) - Click "Save Display Order" after changing the numbers.

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    got it! I can't believe I missed the reputation drop down list in options! I spent the last 5 hours scouring through everything.

thanks guys!

quick question so I don't make a thread, how can I reorganize smilies or forum categories?

Leave a comment:

• Katelyn
    replied
    Hello,

Do you have "Show Reputation" enabled from your user control panel? You may want to go over your settings in the AdminCP as well. (Options > User Reputation Options). If you are using a custom theme, it may better to test on a default theme first.

One last thing, there are also some User Reputation settings for each user group as well.

Leave a comment:

• ET 7
    replied
    yes, its a custom theme I d/l from the vBulletin.org site.

It shows thanks and infraction (for me) etc but nothing about rep, not even the green bars

Leave a comment:

• traen
    replied
    They moved the reputation button to the bottom of the post in 4.0, and it looks like a sheriff's star.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    The option to add reputation isn't showing up? You have no showing up? Is this a custom theme? Have you tried a default theme?

Leave a comment: