help theme is messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] help theme is messed up

attached is a image the version is current and it does this with numorious different styles i can't fix it ever since i upgraded to 4.1.1 it does it how do i fix it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	whatswrong.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	3719883

Did you upgrade all your templates including your css templates when you did the upgrade?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Did you upgrade all your templates including your css templates when you did the upgrade?
      we upgraded our templates but what do you mean css templates

Comment

There is a whole set of CSS Templates in the Templates area full of CSS for the site. There may have been added CSS during the upgrade and if you don't upgrade those templates, then you won't get the new CSS.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

There is a whole set of CSS Templates in the Templates area full of CSS for the site. There may have been added CSS during the upgrade and if you don't upgrade those templates, then you won't get the new CSS.
          How do you upgrade them?

Comment

You upgrade a CSS template the same way you upgrade a regular template. You take a look at your modified template, click View Status > Compare and then make sure to add in any changes to your existing template.

Comment

what do you mean are there a step by step

Comment

the funny thing is that the vbulletin defualt template works with no problem but any other template does not work.

Comment

You said you upgraded your other templates, so you would just do the same sort of thing. You need to add any changes that were made into your custom templates.

Go to your Style > Edit Templates > find a modified template (in red) > Edit

Then click View History > Compare > I like to then go Side-By-Side to see the changes.

Then add any changes you see into your custom templates - like new code, or changes in classes, etc.

Comment

You said you upgraded your other templates, so you would just do the same sort of thing. You need to add any changes that were made into your custom templates.

Go to your Style > Edit Templates > find a modified template (in red) > Edit

Then click View History > Compare > I like to then go Side-By-Side to see the changes.

Then add any changes you see into your custom templates - like new code, or changes in classes, etc.
                    okay so lets say i want a quick fix how do i revert the prolie like the blocks ant the text and what not to the defulat vbulletin theme so everything shows and i will work from there which one do i revert?

Comment

The quick fix would be to revert any templates used on that page. Go to your test site and go into debug mode* and then go to the page and you will see the list of templates called on the bottom left. Then you can check over those templates and see which are edited and then either upgrade or revert them. I would try this on a test site first.

* add this to your config.php page someplace in the middle of the document:
                      PHP Code:
                       $config['Misc']['debug'] = true

Comment

The quick fix would be to revert any templates used on that page. Go to your test site and go into debug mode* and then go to the page and you will see the list of templates called on the bottom left. Then you can check over those templates and see which are edited and then either upgrade or revert them. I would try this on a test site first.

* add this to your config.php page someplace in the middle of the document:
                        PHP Code:
                         $config['Misc']['debug'] = true
                        That didn't help at all showed me the same thing

Comment

What do you mean it showed you the same thing? That puts you in debug mode. Then you go to the page and you can see thenames of all the templates used on that page in the bottom left. Then, you can go to your style manager and look up each of those templates and see if they are modified.

Comment

What do you mean it showed you the same thing? That puts you in debug mode. Then you go to the page and you can see thenames of all the templates used on that page in the bottom left. Then, you can go to your style manager and look up each of those templates and see if they are modified.
                            it does show them there all modified though

Comment

They are ALL modified? wow. Um, well, the quick fix is to revert them. Unfortunately, that template list doesn't include the .css templates, so you would still have to look for changes within them. Again, I would do this on a test site first to see what the results are and export the style first so you can import it if you don't like the results.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X