Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you force users to use new style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stonepilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    No it doesn't. You would have to disable the other styles or run a query to reset their styleid.
    Just out of curiousity, what is that sql query? I have a broken style that I want to move everyone off of ...

Leave a comment:

• twitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    No it doesn't. You would have to disable the other styles or run a query to reset their styleid.
    I thought maybe I was missing an option... ah well. I have the option in my mybb forums and thought maybe it was a default option for vbulletin as well.

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied

Leave a comment:

• twitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    You can set the new one as a default in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Default Style. However, if they have set a specific style for themselves in their Settings panel, then setting the default isn't going to change their style.
    Right, I realize you can set it as default but like Lynn mentioned, if they have a different one already chosen, it doesn't assign the default to them.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You can set the new one as a default in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Default Style. However, if they have set a specific style for themselves in their Settings panel, then setting the default isn't going to change their style.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hewitt
    replied
    Set that style as the forum default?

Leave a comment:

• twitch
    started a topic [Forum] How do you force users to use new style?

How do you force users to use new style?

My forums have multiple styles available to users. When I add a new one, how would I force all users to use that style so they can witness/see the new style and then decide if they want to use another by using the normal change style/theme process?