Returning to 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Returning to 3.8

In upgrading to 4.1.1 (from 3.8.4) the database crashed right after entering my customer ID on install/upgrade.php. I immediately remembered that I had a plug-in that I had not disabled (not sure if it's the culprit, but could be).

I'm attempting to go back to 3.8.4 to start over. I have re-installed the 3.8.4 files (copying over the 4.1.1 files). I'd hoped that I would then have immediate access the CP, but the site is still down. I'm now waiting for my back-up (which was done immediately before the upgrade attempt) to be reinstalled.

Any reason this shouldn't work?

Just the files? Not the databases?

Comment

I uploaded all the 3.8.4 files and am waiting for the backup database to be re-installed.

Comment

I had hoped that simply returning to the 3.8.4 files would have made the forum active again, but it must have just barely gotten into the 4.1.1 install, screwing that hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Reuss View Post
          I uploaded all the 3.8.4 files and am waiting for the backup database to be re-installed.
          Try when you have the old Back-up on

Comment

I believe you have to update to 3.8.6 PL1 before you can do the 4.X update?

Comment

Originally posted by traen View Post
              I believe you have to update to 3.8.6 PL1 before you can do the 4.X update?
              It is recommended to be at 3.86 PL1 but not required to upgrade to 4.1.1 -- Coming from 3.8.4 should not pose any problems since the changes between 3.8.4 and 3.8.6 are not significant.
              To be updated...

Comment

Can you try going to /install/finalupgrade.php ? That might work..
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Well most addons for VB 3.8.x are not compatible with VB 4.X, so be careful with that. I had such an experience before, took me a while to figure out what went wrong.

Comment

Did you forget to run the upgrade on a testbed too, before you ran it on your live site?
                    Peter Davis - I Buy Forums
                    Old Coins Forum

Comment

OK...I've returned to the backup database from before I tried to upgrade...I've uploaded the 3.8.4 files, but still getting database errors.

Do I need to delete all the files and upload them clean? Do I need to upload the install file and officially install them? I assumed putting them back in place would make them work.

Comment

What are the errors?
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

In attempting to load the site I get IE's general 'Database error' page (The database has encountered a problem). Not sure how to pin it down more specifically than that.

Comment

The first time I did it, I got this at the bottom of my screen (Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit )

Comment

OK..I'm a moron!

I forgot to look at the error e-mails...this is what I get:

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT forum.forumid, forum.lastpost, forum.lastposter, forum.lastposterid, forum.lastthread, forum.lastthreadid, forum.lasticonid, forum.threadcount, forum.replycount, forum.lastpostid, forum.lastprefixid, user.usergroupid, user.homepage, user.options AS useroptions, IF(userlist.friend = 'yes', 1, 0) AS isfriend

FROM forum AS forum

LEFT JOIN user AS user ON (user.userid = forum.lastposterid)
                              LEFT JOIN userlist AS userlist ON (userlist.relationid = user.userid AND userlist.type = 'buddy' AND userlist.userid = 0);

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'forum.lastposterid' in 'field list'
                              Error Number : 1054
                              Request Date : Sunday, January 30th 2011 @ 02:22:42 PM
                              Error Date : Sunday, January 30th 2011 @ 02:22:42 PM
                              Script : http://treefrogtreasures.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4
                              Referrer :
                              IP Address : 67.195.111.154
                              Username : Unregistered
                              Classname : vB_Database
                              MySQL Version :

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X