Forum lags really badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Forum lags really badly

Its it possible to do a fresh install but keep my posts, threads and users (The whole Database).

Reason for this is because My forum keeps lagging badly at times and the loads are of the charts.
    I have contacted my VPS provider (UrlJet, VPS5) they say it is be a plugin but they cannot confirm which, I also contacted VBseo they say its my server configurations.

Now I have upgraded to 4.1.1 to see if that made a difference but it hasn't.
    So now my last resort is to do a fresh install and add a plugin one at a time.

I just want to stop worrying about all the issues as it is having a negative effect on my personal life.

is it better if you disable all plugins?
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I'm not sure what you want to accomplish with a 'fresh install' and keeping your data intact. If it's a sever configuration issue, changing vBulletin won't help unless you know what's causing the lag.

The very first thing you should try is disabling ALL plugins via the config.php

Add this line to config.php on line #2 just below <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Try your forum, does it speed up? If yes, then you'll need to re-enable plug-ins (remove the line you just inserted to config.php) and disable them one by one to figure out which one is causing the issue.

If the speed doesn't change, then it's literally a server configuration issue. Seek out eva2000 in the server configuration forum to help you identify problems. This information would be required for eva2000 to help you: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...sts-17-01-2011

To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
        I'm not sure what you want to accomplish with a 'fresh install' and keeping your data intact. If it's a sever configuration issue, changing vBulletin won't help unless you know what's causing the lag.

The very first thing you should try is disabling ALL plugins via the config.php

Add this line to config.php on line #2 just below <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Try your forum, does it speed up? If yes, then you'll need to re-enable plug-ins (remove the line you just inserted to config.php) and disable them one by one to figure out which one is causing the issue.

If the speed doesn't change, then it's literally a server configuration issue. Seek out eva2000 in the server configuration forum to help you identify problems. This information would be required for eva2000 to help you: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...sts-17-01-2011

We have tried that, it does make a bit of difference, but we do have problems with templates, css, etc. I.E the friends tab does not work, the infraction tab does not work

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X