Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help demoting the #1 user on my forums!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Need help demoting the #1 user on my forums!!!!

I recently got keylogged and the hacker got my vBulletin customer number (already changed pw from another computer) and he put it in and got #1 user on my site. Is there anyway I can demote him or change the password of his account from the cPanel? I've already changed the config.php administrator permissions to my current user registered on the site.

If all you're after is changing the email, password, username, etc. of user #1, then using your admin account change all that by editing the user in the admin cp (not cpanel). You have to remove user id #1 from the undeletable section in the config.php file first thought.

Comment

I've already changed all of the #1 user admin powers in the config.php and how do I grant myself access to adminCP?

Comment

Originally posted by WhopperXZ View Post
        I've already changed all of the #1 user admin powers in the config.php and how do I grant myself access to adminCP?
        Sorry I was under the impression that by adding yourself as a superadmin it'll give you access, guess I was wrong.

The correct way is by uploading the tools.php file found in the do_not_upload folder into your admincp folder, via FTP. After entering your customer number, click on [Reset Admin Access] and enter your username.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X