4.1.1 update getting alot of DATABASE ERROR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 4.1.1 update getting alot of DATABASE ERROR

after the upgrade im up tp 110 emails telling me that i have a datbase error , GODADDY says something in the update changed something in the file. CONFIG / what do i do to figure this one out , they cant help me and im almost sure i already know someone will say its godaddys fualt but this wasnt happening before the update . so who do i turn to ? please dont say GOD

ERROR :

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Unknown MySQL server host 'righteouskings.db.6246538.hostedresource.com' (2)
    /home/content/r/i/g/righteouskings/html/includes/class_core.php on line 314
    Attached Files

what is your mysql version?
    5.2.x recomanded for vb 4
    MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

5.0 GODADDY thats what i have is 5.0 mysql

Comment

This is your problem:

Unknown MySQL server host 'righteouskings.db.6246538.hostedresource.com'

You need to contact GoDaddy about this and get the correct server name.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was helping him out on this... 99% of the time it works fine, he has the right info. I think it's godaddy personally.

Comment

I hosted a small open source shopping cart on a GoDaddy server once, it's definitely a lot more difficult than it should be.

Comment

I had database issues all day today with godaddy and I didn't do an update but I did change some style colors. it was annoying the crap outta me. I thought I had crashed my page.

Comment

I had 2 files in my main root , a config.php and a config.new.php well Godaddy was telling me that the new config was that of the new update showing 4.1.1 but the config.php was showing all my right info just not that of 4.1.1 it still showed 4.0.3 ... anyway i dont know much of what im talking about but its what i had that im telling you , and what the idiots at godaddy were telling me ...... so basically with BIRDOFPREY's help we managed to input my info from the original config.php into the new ....
                i havent had any errors as of yet so i think that might have fixed it but yesterday i had 129 database error emails , that was insane ..thank you birdofprey and all else whom responded to my thread . thanks

Comment

ps.. I'd move from godaddy the first chance you get

glad you got it worked out
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

LOL I sure will , I cant even tell you how many times Ive been made fun of for evening having them but hey this is all news to me , I just started this . not so long ago , thanks again ladies n gentleman etc.....
                    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                    ps.. I'd move from godaddy the first chance you get

glad you got it worked out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X